Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Seeing Stars: My Proposal

Hello ladies! I JUST got engaged 4 days ago and am still on Cloud 9. My FI and I have been talking wedding for a long time, even deciding on some details already before he eventually proposed. So I've been jumping at the bit to start planning already and am SO excited that I officially can! A friend helped me put together my wedding planning binder last night, and we're having a "budget meeting" with my parents on Sunday. I'm excited to get involved in the Knot Community! Here's my proposal story:

After a low-key, wonderful weekend together, my boyfriend asked where the wrapping paper was so he could wrap some Christmas presents (we're starting the shopping early this year!), and locked himself in his bedroom. I didn't really think anything about him being in there for so long, especially since he complained about having to wrap and re-wrap my present several times because he "sucked at it." Laying in bed later reading, I turned over to get my phone and saw something on the ceiling. I didn't have my glasses on though, so I couldn't see what it was. He hurriedly shoved his hand over my eyes and turned off the light. Suddenly dozens of glowing stars appear, spelling out "Marry Me?" I turned to look at him and he pulled my great-grandmother's engagement ring out from under the covers and handed it to me. I never officially said "yes," because I was too busy squealing and kissing him. (And grabbing the ring away from him, of course.) For someone who ALWAYS knows what's going on, it was a complete surprise to me and so sweet and romantic.

And of course, the ring:

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards