Ohio-Northeast
Options

Springvale in North Olmsted - opinions wanted!!

Hello :)I was hoping that i could get some input on the Springvale Ballroom in North Olmsted. My fiance and I are looking to have our reception there next year and I would like to hear any details/advice, etc...  good and bad!!  I really appreciate it. Thanks!!!Kathy

Re: Springvale in North Olmsted - opinions wanted!!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there once for a swing dancing event w/ live band. It's your 'classic' ballroom type space -- very nice for dancing. I haven't tasted the food there though, as food wasn't served at the event I attended, just beverages.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    knightskeyeknightskeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there for a wedding before and it was beautiful. They had a great bar space, coat check (the wedding was in winter) and a lot of dancing space. The wedding I went to seat more than 200 and it was still comfortable.
  • Options
    lpolly12lpolly12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Heidi coordinated a wedding there and it looked beautiful!! Check out her site to see more.
  • Options
    kaehaszkaehasz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy:I've been checking out Springvale for a while now.... I keep looking at other spaces and come back to Springvale each time.  Prices seem fairly reasonable - and the space is great! Have you seen it all set up yet? It look amazing! Are you from the west side?  Where are other places you've looked?Good luck!
  • Options
    hotbride2010hotbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! We looked at a few places...lots of online researching and asking for pricing/options before even looking at places. We reallly narrowed it down between Springvale and Irish Heritage out in Avon. Really like that place as well and it is getting lots of work done over the winter...new flooring, new paint, new trim, bathrooms, etc. Really getting updated. And Lucy, the contact there is SOOOO nice. We actually have decided on Springvale I believe and it really saddens both of us that we won't be working with Lucy on our wedding :( But, gotta go with what we like. I would absolutely recommend the Irish Heritage as well. We looked at Irish American Club in Olmsted Falls as well. It was Ok. We like the IHC better. I have only seen pictures of Springvale set up, not in person. I can't wait. It just has such a charm to it. And I found out my Grandma and Grandpa used to go ballroom dancing there every Friday night "back in the day"...that kinda sold us on the place. Good luck hunting for your venue! Thanks for the opinion, makes our decision easier! Kathy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually just booked springvale for July 2010 as my ceremoney/reception site. I've been working with Sarah, and the prices are reasonable. Im actually brining an outside caterer since I am indian and want to have food catered from an indian restaurant, so I have not tasted the food there either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards