Just Engaged and Proposals

Gotta talk about the proposal. <3

Hi! I'm a new bride-to-be! I'm so excited for the wedding insanity to begin, and I just have to talk about how he proposed. It was so amazing and perfect.

On Friday, Brian (my fiance) suggested getting up and going to Bernkastel for the day. Bernkastel is this beautiful little town on the Mosel river [in Germany, we live here due to the military] in the middle of wine country and it has a castle that sits above it. Once we were there we ate and this superb Italian restaurant. While we were finishing up, Brian suggested we hike up to the castle to see the view. 

So we started walking up this trail, and on the way there was a sign for a waterfall. We followed it, but there were a bunch of people around, so we said we'd see it better on our way back. We hiked up to the castle and it was an amazing view! The weather was great and we just sat on a bench and cuddled for a bit. After a while, we said we'd go back down to the town and get some gelato.

On the way back down the trail we went by the waterfall again, but this time there was nobody around. We hopped down and across the stream to a dry patch of land in front of the waterfall. It was so beautiful!! I started taking a bunch of pictures. I notice Brian reaching into my purse and as I watched he pulled out a box and got on his knee and asked me to marry him! The little sneak had hidden my engagement ring in my purse at the beginning of the day!! I was so excited that I jumped on him and started kissing him. He asked if that meant a yes. I don't know how many times I said yes after that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards