Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

My Best friend's wedding VS Mine

One of my cousins is getting married a few weeks before me. When we shared what colors we wanted our brides maids to wear, we discovered we -both of us are at a toss up between two shades of blue-the same two shades! I don't mind if we have the same color and she said she doesn't mind, but we also both want A-line dresses. I don't want to seem like a copy cat since my wedding will be shortly after hers, but I also don't think I should have to compromise what I want, especially considering neither of us had any idea we wanted the same two colors. What do you think?

Re: My Best friend's wedding VS Mine

• Options
    Well, the good news is if you use the same bridesmaids, they only need one dress!

ok, not comforting I know.  Just choose different shades or styles, your weddings will be unique, and it's not a huge deal.  Deep breath, and do what youcan to avoid letting it stress you out.  It's a small detail in a big day...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Don't set yourself up for a competition, that will only create hard feelings.

Have both of you talked to your BMs yet about their budgets? Start there- make sure your girls can afford the dress you like first.

Also, you have a few months before you need to pick out your dress and things may change between now and then. I wouldn't worry to much about it now, but in the end one or both of you may need to compromise if you're stuck on the same idea.

• Options
    Your dresses will look different than hers. It'll workout :o)
  • Options
    Different accessories, hairstyles, or skirt lengths could make all the difference...you'll figure it out!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    You can have the same color and totally different styles of weddings. I've seen it done quiet a few times. If you just make the wedding a representation of you two as a couple it's going to be special.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards