Just Engaged and Proposals

Need a Little Support!

So my wonderful guy just got me this ring and I couldn't love it more. My only hesitation is that it looks somewhat like Kate Middleton's ring. My sisters (3 older - all within 4 years of eachother) all say it looks like I'm copying Kate. I love my ring and I'm so impressed with his choice but are my sisters right? Will peolpe see my ring and think Kate? What do you guys think?

Re: Need a Little Support!

• I think your ring looks awesome on you. Who cares if it is similar to Kate's ring? If someone says something..I would say.."Oh, it does, I didn't even notice" The best part about your ring, is that it represents the love your future husband has for you and that is all that matters. Congrats on your engagment! Enjoy!!
  • As long as you love it no one else's opinion matters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you like your ring, then don't worry about what other people think! Yes, it looks like Princess Catherine's ring, but in my opinion, it's more unique than a simple white gold solitaire diamond ring. If you and him both like the ring, then you shouldn't be worried. Congratulations on getting engaged, and I wish you both the best! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_need-a-little-support?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:acd3018a-caac-4cde-9658-670ca399ddd6Post:d86d9f22-57fb-4904-b9af-f262d4301d34">Re: Need a Little Support!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be honest - I saw it and thought "Ooh, that looks like Kate Middleton's ring" before I read your post.  But I LOVE Kate's ring, and I love yours too, so I don't consider that a bad thing.  And Stage is right - most engagement rings look pretty similar.  I'd rather have someone compare my ring to a fashion icon's ring than to every other one that they see that's a diamond solitaire.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

All of this! It does look a bit like Kate's ring (though it's clearly a different design with the diamonds around the sapphire for example, so I don't think it looks like you're trying to copy it exactly). It's gorgeous, and if you love it, that's what matters.
  • If you love it, that's truly all that matters. I think it is GORGEOUS, and I think the hooplah around what her ring looks like will fade with time. Before Prince William got engaged, I didn't know/remember what Diana's ring looked like. It's just very topical right now.
  • Thank you all for your kind words! It's really helped me to gain some more self confidence. Some people have told me it looks like Kate's ring and I just respond "well it is sort of regal isn't it?" As for my sisters, there are no words but they both have similar solitare rings so I feel like I'm the one with the different ring in my family! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_need-a-little-support?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:acd3018a-caac-4cde-9658-670ca399ddd6Post:2a8ba150-499c-4582-a7d1-05e4900b61af">Re:Need a Little Support!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As opposed to all the diamond solitaires out there, mine included, that are soooo unique and not copies of any other e ring? ; Seriously, if you love it, that's all that's matters. Wear it with pride!
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

All of this! I think your ring is beautiful.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Be proud that your man found you a ring that, while it looks like Kate's ring, is actually pretty unique....
    When I went shopping I was ready to pull my hair out because they all looked the same.  I found the one I wanted, my boyfriend gasped at the price...then offered to fashion a ring out of baling wire!  Needless to say, I'm getting the ring I want, and I could have gone for a less expensive one, but it would look. like. everyone. else's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards