Just Engaged and Proposals

Yes, Everything Happens for a Reason....

its amazing how ppl come together. I'm proof of this. I met my partner online, on a wedsite strictly known for moms only. She was a member of a 40ish womens group & so was I, however we never made the connection for yrs until one day I wrote a post about how miserable my life was with my -then- partner of 25 yrs. She responded to my post privately & we bacame friends instantly. As my relationship with my -then- partner of 25 yrs was falling apart, I slowly began having feeling for this new friend, which devistated me. I was terrified to feel love again, I felt unworthy, undesirable, miserable & severly depressed. it was my friend that was constantly online giving me support, telling me she cared, telling me she wanted me to fight for myself, to get my life in order agian & be the strong confident woman she knew I could be. I could tell, in her won words she felt about me as I did her. However, at the time we were BOTH going through miserable "marriages", there was no way out for either of us so we accepted the fact that we needed to remain just friends. That all changed the day I came to realize that I had to let go of my then partner of 25 yrs, she had already made it perfectly clear she no longer loved me & was going to leave me, our 2 grown kids & our 1 & only grandbaby. So, I decidedsince she was choosing to leave me, I was going to be happy again. At the same time, weeks later, my friend, went through a horrible stage with her husband, she ended up being alone as well after all those yrs. It was then, that her & I chose to meet.....When we actually did meet for the 1st time, we knew, deep in our hearts, that we were meant to be because of the way things turned out for each of us. The saying "Everything Happens for a Reason", really is true...& we're living proof of this.
1 yr & several weeks after just being friends, we became a cpl & now, we're planning our wedding for this coming Mothers Day.
GnK

Re: Yes, Everything Happens for a Reason....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards