Just Engaged and Proposals

The Reveal

I posted this on another board but nobody has responded so I thought I would try here...
The other day I was watching "The Time Traveler's Wife" and during the wedding scene I noticed that while Rachel McAdams is walking down the isle, her husband has his back turned until she gets closer to him and then he turns around for "the reveal."
It seemed kind of neat that they are able to see each other for the first time up close without doing "the reveal" before the ceremony. Although it was a little weird that while she was walking down the isle is back was turned.
Has anyone every done or seen something like this?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: The Reveal

• I haven't watched the movie, but it sounds strange. Why would he have his back turned? It seems strange & like you are trying too hard to make it special. It will be special already, I just don't get it.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:aef7b91b-0357-4841-b42b-a404b93f13d1Post:762b9521-38c9-4928-b7fc-59acefb9ecb6">Re: The Reveal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am pretty sure that the reason the reveal was done like that was because he happened to be about 20 years older than he was supposed to be during the ceremony because he time traveled right before the ceremony started and somehow he managed to get his future self back in time to go to the alter.  I've never seen it done in real life....but that's because I have never seen a groom who had to conceal something quite that major at the alter.  I think I just sounded kinda geeky....
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards