Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Top 5 Gentle Wedding Reminders by Miss Manners

This is great advice to keep in mind as you begin planning your wedding! :)

Miss Manners' top 5 gentle wedding reminders

1. When you had that childhood wedding fantasy, you were a child. If you don't have better taste and a greater sense of social and fiscal responsibility now, you're too immature to get married.

2. People are more important than menus. Figure out first whom you want to have there, and then what you can afford to serve them, not the other way around.

3. A phrase you will be happier if you forget: "the perfect wedding." Perfection does not exist this side of heaven, especially when it involves complicated arrangements and all kinds of other people, and you'll drive yourself and others crazy if you think you can achieve it.

4. Another phrase you will be happier forgetting: "It's your day." The joining of two people involves two (or more) families and other relatives and friends, and you ignore their feelings and comfort at your peril.

5. Your guests are not your personal shoppers.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/06/LVOD1DGTV3.DTL">http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/06/06/LVOD1DGTV3.DTL

Re: Top 5 Gentle Wedding Reminders by Miss Manners

• Options
    Thanks for sharing :-) I bet the invitation will bother me much, we have many families and freinds... We plan take the wedding at my finace's hometwon, and my mom suggest buy lots candy as presents. I do not know if this will be a good idea...
  • Options
    Fantastic post :) 
  • Options
    I think that is a good gift, do mints and wrap them with tulle. that way after dinner their breathe doesn't smell, and they do not have anything to throw away when you get home. Because I hate the stuff people usually give.  I do not want a picture frame with other peoples names on it. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the great tips!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Brilliant! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards