Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

wedding favors

Okay,  Please help we are have a small intimate wedding,  Just immediate family are favors a must do??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding favors

• Options
    How many people are invited?  I think it shows that you appreciate their time and their support. Even something small is good. With a small gathering, it may be easier to firgure something out to do for favours. Of course it's your wedding and there are no "rules" but I would say you should provide something just to say Thank you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:c758cb74-dfe9-4d1a-84ca-b85f89463b91Post:6307db6d-e637-4c7f-89f3-44e2c4897eaf">Re: wedding favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favors are never a "must do." Most people appreciate edible favors.  If we do favors, we are only doing something edible.  My friend gave out bottles of wine.  That was really awesome, and I wish we had the budget for that. The worst favors I've gotten are useless things like a weird, cheap looking cake knife and a heart shaped candy dish.  (Both from FI's siblings.  Hmmmm, maybe someone should fill his family in that their favors generally suck.)
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Yes, edible ones are the best! I am thinking of doing homemade jam, or mini pies. (country rustic theme)
  • Options
    Okay, Thanks Brides!  We are going to have a reception aswell.  So maybe that will be our Favor! :))))))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes we are have a ceremony and reception with appetizers and dinner
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks.. You really helped I spoke with the FI and he agreed.  Yay the reception should be enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They aren't necessary but if you do do favors do edible ones
  • Options
    Agreed with PPs. Favors are totally not a must. They are usually pointless. The best ones are the edible ones, but if you don't want to have favors, then don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards