Just Engaged and Proposals

New Brides Beware- DJ Scam!!!!!

www.decidio.com/images/spacer.gif" border="0" alt="" width="1" height="4" />
Any brides to be do not use Premier Music! My wedding is October 23rd, 2010-It is 4 days before my wedding and I just found out that he is a fraud- luckily I figured this out before the day of the wedding. I just want to make sure that no one else falls for this and ruins their day. He supposedly has DJ's in every state. When I first contacted him my contract was messed up twice, he apologized and we moved on, I had already sent my deposit...I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt. After I sent in the remainder of my balance in July, I had trouble contacting him for a week. I finally got a hold of him and again he apologized, saying there was a problem with his email (and phone?) Just this last week he emailed stating that he still has not received the remaining balance due (which was sent in July), he apologized saying that it was overlooked and everything is set to go, and he would be there at the agreed time. The whole time I had been speaking to him the name on his email was Steve Ehrhardt, this last email the name was Steve Thomas-weird. My fiance and I for the next 5 days called and emailed asking for this in writing that we had a zero balance due, and asked for the boss's phone number. This company is supposedly based out of Colorado, we are in Michigan, but they have DJ's in every state. After further investigation, we saw that our checks were not cashed in Colorado, but in North Carolina and South Carolina, somehow with records at multiple banks so we can't narrow down where this was actually cashed. This man is tricky. After really digging deep researching I found another review saying that Steve Ehrhardt, the dj's name that is on our contract (in Michigan), was a no show for a wedding that he was supposed to dj in Colorado. I highly doubt this man was going to fly to Michigan to DJ a wedding for $600. My fiance called the number on the website last night and got ahold of a man named 'William', who said that we could not meet our DJ until the wedding and everything is done on the phone or internet, but Steve would be there. I was never once asked for name pronunciations, either, something pretty important at a wedding for introductions! Shame on me for trusting that everyone in this world is a good person. I would like to press charges when I see that he doesn't show up for his wedding, but how would I get ahold of this man if I can't even get ahold of him now? Who knows is Steve Ehrhardt or Steve Thomas is really his name? Any reviews that are on here saying that he was excellent was probably from him. The website he has seems very legit, but don't buy into it. He is a smart & tricky guy.
Yell

Re: New Brides Beware- DJ Scam!!!!!

• Post this on your local board where it will be helpful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sorry this happened to you! Hope it all works out

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • You should probably contact the Better Business Bureau, since they can help get the word out to inquiring brides, and they might even be able to advise you on your next course of action, in regards to getting your money back and/or going after this man. You might want to talk to your bank as well. Just let some authority know in case they can do something to stop him.
    Thanks for warning us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for the warning! I am anxious to hear how it all worked out.
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards