Just Engaged and Proposals

Got engaged 3 weeks ago =)

I am new to this website and this is the first time posting on any of the boards so I figured I would start with our engagement story.

I have been with my now fiance for 3 years before he asked me to marry him. We had been talking about marriage for a little over a year before he asked me. 
He proposed on July 4th. He took me out to dinner, and we went to a park where we had gone for our one year anniversary. He wanted to go down to the waterfall before the fireworks started. I told him we had to hurry because it was getting late and I didnt want it to get too dark trying to get back up from the waterfall. We went down and there was another couple down there taking pictures. So we were getting ready to take pictures of ourselves when the girl asked if we wanted her to take a picture for us. We agreed and I gave her my camera and she took a few shots. I went to go grab my camera when he asked her if she could take one more for us. So as I came back to him he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand. He told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him and of course I said yes. 
All while this was taking place the girl was taking pictures. So now we have that moment captured on film which is great. I am so greatful that there were people down there and that the girl offered to take our picture. After we went back up and watched the fireworks. It was a wonderful 4th of July =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards