Just Engaged and Proposals

Planning, planning, planning :)

We're planning an Oct 2014 wedding. As that's a ways down the road, it gives us plenty of time to think about what we want.  Ideally, from now until next Oct we're saving money and  figuring out what we'd like.  Starting next Oct, we're spending all the mula and putting our plans into action.

Right now, we're thinking a Sat afternoon wedding. Ceremony around 11, reception until 4 or 5. BBQ, beer, wine, a band, and cornhole type things.

What do yall think? Before looking at these boards, I didn't know afternoon weddings were a thing and I'm worried our guests will think it's kinda weird to be done at 5 instead of starting at 5.

Thanks!!

Re: Planning, planning, planning :)

• I think it's great! You'll get the evening to you and your hubby. It's a fabulous idea!

I think your guests that have travelled far will appreciate it and those who haven't will enjoy still having an evening to themselves. They will be thrilled regardless to spend the afternoon in your bliss!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_planning-planning-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:ca8665de-8e23-4225-b277-432331b759baPost:c7189074-81db-4611-94b0-e6ce06084916">Planning, planning, planning :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're planning an Oct 2014 wedding. As that's a ways down the road, it gives us plenty of time to think about what we want.  Ideally, from now until next Oct we're saving money and  figuring out what we'd like.  Starting next Oct, we're spending all the mula and putting our plans into action. Right now, we're thinking a Sat afternoon wedding. Ceremony around 11, reception until 4 or 5. BBQ, beer, wine, a band, and cornhole type things. What do yall think? Before looking at these boards, I didn't know afternoon weddings were a thing and I'm worried our guests will think it's kinda weird to be done at 5 instead of starting at 5. Thanks!!
    Posted by ashleyy00[/QUOTE]
  • We had our ceremony in the morning, followed by lunch. The whole event was over by 2:00, and our guests seemed to love it. They watched us get married,had lunch with us, and then went on about their lives. 

Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Afternoon weddings are perfectly fine, and like people mentioned it can make OOT travels easier for people driving in/home that day. 

I would say that if you're looking to have a party type reception (dancing), maybe consider just having the evening wedding (ceremony at ~4, then a dinner reception). Afternoon receptions tend to run shorter. For me, I probably wouldn't feel like drinking, dancing, letting loose at ~2pm. The BBQ still works for a dinner too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards