Just Engaged and Proposals

JUST ENGAGED :-)

So I am just recently engaged, will be a week tomorrow!
My (now) Fiance and I live in California-originally from East Coast and are planning on moving back to the East Coast this coming spring.  We had been talking about getting engaged in the next year, looked at rings for the past several months.  

Fast forward to this past September...my grandmother who is living on the East coast was diagnosed with a rapidly progressing cancer and my family and myself are devastated, this was totally unexpected and this is my last living grandparent.  My fiance knew how important she and my family are to me-that is why he was going to wait to ask me to marry him after we moved back home but alas last Friday I received a wonderful heartfelt surprise!

I had already been down in the dumps given the recent turn of events, but was also having a particularly horrendous day- working overtime, stuck in bad traffic when my fiance called to let me know we were still on for our weekly sushi date that we do every friday night! I was in such a horrible mood I told him forget it, I am just going to crawl into my bed with a glass of wine!  

So thankful he convinced me otherwise.  He picked me up from my apartment with roses to take away the bitterness of my bad day and suggested we go back to his place before dinner to put them in water - well we walked up to his door , he opened it (after fumbling for his keys nervously) and right in front of me was WILL YOU MARRY ME written out in rose petals and hershey kisses and behind it a table with champagne, and a photo album he put of our adventures in Cali together - I was in complete shock and kept repeating "are you kidding me, are you kidding me"...then when I realized it was real-grabbed him hugged and kissed him tight and realized he didn't even ask me yet!  Thats when he got down on one knee and asked his best friend and soul mate to begin this journey with him.  OF COURSE I SAID YES!!! The best part was-knowing how important my family is to me-he had his computer video taping the entire proposal complete with Train's marry me playing in the background-

He explained after I screamed and leapt around his apartment (and kissed him some more) that he wanted my grandmother's blessing about our future plans.  That started the water works even more! I am so blessed and grateful for such a thoughtful fiance who is so genuine!  Moving back in the spring/summer and setting a date in Sept after that!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards