Just Engaged and Proposals

Telling Her Married Sons I Want To Marry Their Mother

Second marriage for both of us in a somewhat young relationship. She's been divorced all of her sons life. I consider myself a romantic guy. I took both sons aside when I started dating their mother to tell them about myself and to learn a little about them. They seemed to really appreciate that.

I've already told my sons and they are happy. I want to ask her sons in a few days, if they are OK with me, as I'm going to propose to their mother soon. Her sons have never indicated that they are less than happy with me but I want to do the right thing.

Is there anything in particular I need to make sure that I say? Just speak from the heart? I don't think I'll have a problem but I want to be sure I don't miss saying something.
John

Re: Telling Her Married Sons I Want To Marry Their Mother

• Last night at our Super Bowl party, I inconspicuously invited her son's outside and asked for their blessings. They were both happy for me and welcomed me into their family with open arms. She also now knows that I've told all of our children about our intentions. However, she has no idea of course, when and where the big question will come and she will be stunned. I "think" I'm a very romantic guy and a lot "old school." Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
  • Congrats and good luck!! :)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is super sweet! It is wonderful that all of your children are being so supportive! Can't wait to hear how you asked her.. I'm sure it will be very special! :)
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards