Just Engaged and Proposals

adorably sweet

My girlfriend is terrified of ferris wheels, but I love them. Recently we had a huge ferris wheel constructed at the waterfront where we live. I'm talking HUGE. I hadn't gone yet but had heard it was fun and offered beautiful views of the city.

GF told me she wanted to take me somewhere tonight and it wasn't until we were a block or so away that I realized we were going to the ferris wheel. Being a kid at heart, I was beyond excited! The cars are completely enclosed in glass, temperature controlled, the works - perfect for one gal that loves ferris wheels and one gal that really doesn't! The views were breathtaking!

When we got in, she got down on one knee and proposed. But here's the sweetest, quirkiest, cutest part - we had recently been looking at rings trying to gauge what the other liked and she bought mine, but had to have it sized. She didn't realize it would take weeks to get it back and she really wanted to propose soon. So she got a picture of the ring on her phone and presented me with her phone on bended knee.

I squealed and laughed and loved every second. I couldn't imagine a more perfect moment - my adorable girlfriend making lemonade out of lemons. :)

So excited to get married! Part of me wants to run to the courthouse tomorrow, the other part wants to spend a year saving and planning so that we have a wedding and honeymoon that will be perfect!

Thanks for listening and sharing in my joy!

Re: adorably sweet

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards