Ohio-Northeast
Options

Friday Wedding Time Lines

I'm getting married on Friday May 14, 2010. I was thinking to do my ceremony at 3:30, then start the reception at 6:30. It takes at least 30 minutes to drive to the hall. I want to allow time for church pics and bridal party pics. Is this too early to start the ceremony or too late to start the reception? What does your day of time line look like? TIA!! :)

Re: Friday Wedding Time Lines

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on a Friday at 5:30 with the reception immediately following. We picked a place where we could do both so to allow a later start for the ceremony. I would say if you do it at 3:30 you may not get as many people at the ceremony as there are at the reception - just because people will still be at work at that time on a Friday. I'm sure those that matter to you will take time off work to be there though!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Friday Sept 4 and we had our ceremony music start at 6, reception at 7 (our ceremony and reception were at the same place).  We did all of our pictures before the ceremony so we wouldn't feel rushed and also to allow for good lighting outside.  I obviously don't know your exact situation as far as guest list, but keep in mind that if you have your ceremony at 3:30 that means people would either have to take the whole day or at least half day off work and that may not be possible for some people.  Having ours at 6 allowed most people to still go to work if they needed to.  Our reception was from 7 to midnight and dinner was served at 7:45 but most people started leaving around 11.  I don't think 6:30 would be too late for the reception to start, and actually I think you could move it back a little if you're set on a 3:30 ceremony but are worried about being rushed in between.HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    alithebull1alithebull1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoo hoo you are getting married on my birthday!  We also got married on a Friday at about 3:30.  You probably will have a lot of guests miss the ceremony as the previous poster said.  Not trying to discourage but to be totally honest, we got married on a Friday because we wanted the date and if I could go back I would have waited another year to have the date still but on a Saturday.  Or now thinking maybe just making the ceremony later would have been good too, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashlee I will email you my timeline!
  • Options
    MrsLeleMrsLele member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our Friday wedding, we had a 3:30 ceremony ( and our church was FULL! so I guess it just depends on your list) , 6:30 cocktail hour, with dinner served promptly at 7:30.  Our reception ended at 12:30. 
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NurseMS- Can you email me your timeline as well? I am also having a Friday Wedding. Email is ael2131@yahoo.com Thanks, Alli
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I also get the timeline emailed??megerinbg@yahoo.comthanks much!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Friday timeline worked out perfect for us. By ceremony started at 3:30 as well. 2:00-2:30 Got to the ceremony site with my girls and immediate family and got pictures with them.2:30-3:00 DH got to ceremony site while I hid out and got pictures with his guys and immediate family.3:00-3:30 Guest start arriving ceremony music started3:30-4:00 ceremony4:00-4:30 Greet guest4:30-5:15 Pictures with BP and families5:15-6:15 Pictures with just me and DH.The rest of the bridal party started heading to the reception which started at 6. Cocktail hour was until 7 and then the entrance etc. If you do a 6:30 reception that gives you even more time for pictures. I personally wouldn't worry about people not coming to your Friday wedding. If you give people enough heads up there really shouldn't be an excuse. 1/2 a day off for a friend or families wedding doesn't seem unreasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards