Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Engaged on Sunday!

Hey Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to come and share my great news with everyone! I am so so happy to finally be engaged to the man that is my other half. We have known each other since senior year of high school! Anyway, my proposal story is below.

On Sat night, I was supposed to go to dinner with my family, as is traditon. My dad called  that morning and said that he forgot that he and my mother had a function to go to at the St. Regis, and had just found the invitation. I was kind of glad, because I was not in the mood for Mexican that night. 

My boyfriend (now FI) called me and asked did I want to go to a movie and dinner with him instead. Of course I jumped at the chance.  We went to go see Men in Black 3, and started walking around the pavillon of the movie theatre.  We were talking about Father's Day, my job, his job, all regualr stuff. Before I knew it we stopped at a bench, and started people watching.

I knew something was up when he got quiet and started messing with his pocket, and as I looked to ask him was he ok... (His arm hit me in the face/eye! ...I was ok though) but he freaked out asking me was I ok, and I started laughing and telling him yes. He seemed a bit better after that and started laughing as well. I looked around and noticed that the bench we had stopped on, still had out initals carved in from when we had our first date. We had passed this bench many times before after that, and I honestly didnt think anything of it, t at this time, and that it was just a coincidence.  I turned around to tell him and he was on one knee.

He said, "R, this is the spot where we exchanged nubers, and where we had our fist kiss. Now I want it to be the spot where I asked you to be my wife." I started to ball like a baby, and dont remember answering, but he took the head shaking and the weird screams as a yes. 

Afterward, we met up with our parents at the St. Regis and had a great dinner and drinks ( it turned out that the invitation that my mother had shown me  turned out to be a fake) :)  I am still juming for joy! :)

Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Just Engaged on Sunday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards