Ohio-Northeast
Options

Need some invitataion advice please...

Hi all!I'm really torn on what to do for invitations. Since my FI and I are paying for our own wedding, we are trying to be very cost-effective. I've kicked around DIY invite kits. Has anyone else done them? Are the confusing and difficult? OR can anyone recommend somewhere to get nice yet not super expensive invites?Thanks all!!!

Re: Need some invitataion advice please...

• Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought a kit at Wal-Mart that included invitations, rsvp cards and all envelopes. About $25 for 50 of each. I wrote up the invites on Word, converted it to a pdf and emailed it to Office Max. They printed them all out for about $8. They look nice and they were cheap! Good luck!
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will recommend Jennifer Crawford - freelance designer. metzcrawford@hotmail.com   She made my custom invites with a combination of elements of various invitations I liked at a fraction of the cost of most invite websites. I highly recommend her!
  • Options
    HAMOHAMO member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if u go w/ diy... there is a knotty who shared all her templates and exact detail how to do it and where she purchased every item!! really awesome and look expensive.... her bio link: http://chimonique.googlepages.com/chimoniqueplanningbioyou and even google "chimonique diy wedding template"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in Target yesterday for a birthday card and they had a couple of really cute wedding DIY packages - I think they were $40 for 50 invites - including envelopes, RSVP's etc.  You could probably print them yourself or go somewhere like OfficeMax like pp mentioned.  HTH 
  • Options
    EricadefEricadef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using a DIY kit from the Brides line at Michaels. I helped my sister make DIY programs from the Brides line for her wedding, and we couldn't beleive how many of the guests commented on how nice they were. The Brides line has a website with templates for each kit to make it easier to format. Plus, Michaels always has 40% coupons.
  • Options
    natg504natg504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best deal on DIY invites that I've seen by far is at Ollie's Bargin Outlet.  I was at the Bedford location, so I don't know if all locations have them, but they have the same invitations with inserts & envelopes that Target sells, and they're only $5 for each pack of 50 there!  They had several different styles when I was there too.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered DIY invites when I got a great deal on a few packages of them at OfficeMax's sample sale when I worked there. In the end though, I didn't have the time or patience to put into printing them. We ended up ordering ours from Rexcraft.com and they came out GREAT. My time was at a premium though, so it was worth it to me to have someone else take care of them.If you have the time and inclination though, you certainly can save yourself some cash. A friend of mine lucked into some invitation kits she found at Marc's for a ridiculously low price. (I found a nice guestbook and pen at Marc's, myself. Every so often they carry all kinds of wedding stuff... ring pillows, frames, etc)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bhargaviddbhargavidd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Target!  I found my invitation kits on clearance for $6 for 25 invitations.  The other kit I wanted was only $25 for 50.  Very easy to put together and print, even at home! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my invites at the Flower Factory. They were on sale for $4 for 50. It came w/ vellum paper, the back paper, the envelope and response cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards