Just Engaged and Proposals

A Total Surprise-I'm Engaged!!!!

Hello Ladies! I'm so thrilled I just had to share my engagement story.

My FI and I went to have lunch at his dad's house on Wednesday, April 20. After lunch, FI asked if I wanted to take a walk (his dad has about an acre of land with a giant pond.) We walked for a bit and he asked if I wanted to go out in the rowboat on the pond. Although it was a bit muddy, I agreed and we rowed out to the middle of the pond. FI asked me to close my eyes because he had a surprise for me. After securing a promise that he wasn't going to flip us in the water (lol) I closed my eyes for what seemed like an hour, but was probably only a minute. When he told me to open my eyes, he was down on his knee, in a mud puddle, with the ring box open to showcase my beautiful new sparkler. After a perfect and heartfelt speech, he asked me to marry him and I said yes! (Actually, I just nodded, I couldn't speak lol.)

I knew FI was the one from our very first date and we are both so excited to plan our special day.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary

Re: A Total Surprise-I'm Engaged!!!!

• Congrats and welcome! We can't wait to hear more! That is a wonderful proposaal story... sounds like something straight out of a movie! Smile
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Thanks for the kind words all. I'm very excited to be here and get some great wedding ideas and read all the wonderful proposal stories. I'm a sucker for a good love story! I posted a ring pic in the "show your ring" post. I love to look at everyone's bling!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Congratulations!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards