Just Engaged and Proposals

E-Party this weekend...Rant - XP

So things are finally seeming to come together, we've had all the major venues booked for months now, as well as most of the guest list together and getting the small things ordered or planned. Pretty much well on our way...

My grip is invites and RSVP's, even though my brother and SIL are hosting this party and took care of all the invites and such, we got stuck with hounding those individuals who have not RSVP'd. Out of about 50 people, 10 or so we were unable to get answers out of, so to save time and confusion, they ended up being marked as no. Side-note: a close number is needed since he hired a catering company to take care of the food.

Just yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from FI that a few of those who had not responded, are now planning on coming, but had no intentions of telling us, a few that stated no, are now coming, and weren't going to tell us, as well as a few who said yes, now have to work and are unable to attend.

Seriously? Is this what it's going to be like once it comes to our wedding? Less than a week away and all of a sudden changing their minds or just not going to let us know and show up?

Ok... rant over.

Edit: I know it shouldn't have been our jobs to try and get a-hold of these people for answers, but when brother and SIL tried every contact method and heard nothing, they figured we might have had better luck.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards