Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

No ring yet!!

So my boyfriend (now technically finace) and I decided to get engaged a few days ago. But I still haven't gotten the proposal and ring yet. I'm getting sooooo impatient!!! LOL. I'm sure he is just waiting until the right moment to make it special, but I am the least patient person on the planet.

Just needed to get that off my chest! Laughing

Re: No ring yet!!

• Options
    NICE!!  I am in the same boat... we have discussed and even looked at some rings together. good thing we did because he was clueless on what to buy, he thought he had to give me a a diamond ring now AND when when said our vows at the ceremony, lol... i cleared that up REAL quick, he was relieved about it, lol

But nothing yet.. i figure it will take a little time, he just relocated from the east coast to the midwest for work this past month, so he has a lot of things goin on..

I guess i just have to be patient or he may get fed up with my pestering and get me something out the the bublegum machine,  to shut me up lol
    My soul mate....I've definitely met mine. We are exactly alike, and yet the exact opposites. We are perfectly in sync, and yet always make up for what the other lacks. We are in each others' dreams, and thoughts. Grand's Woman
  • Options
    Oh gosh, we went ring shopping just to see my tastes about 2 months ago.
    Now, I know he bought the ring a little over a month ago (I saw a warranty receipt from Spence) and im just DYING IN ANTICIPATION!
  • Options
    You guys should check out the Not Yet Engaged community. There are girls just like you that have been waiting for their rings for months, if not years. Other than that sidenote, congrats to SamanthaJean! You CAN indeed be engaged without a ring, as long you and Fiancé agree on it. :)
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• Options
    Just beware that many men take months or even years to actually propose after "agreeing to get engaged".  I agree that you should check out the NYE board!  Just enjoy your relationship and relax.  Like you said, he will propose when he is ready and is probably planning something. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! Glad to know I am not alone here!! We just decided to make it official the other day, but I am still hesitant to start telling people just yet until I have a ring and can set an official date. He is a slow mover, so I guess we'll see.

Thanks again!! Congrats to you all as well :)
  • Options
    My FI took a year before he "officially" proposed, and another month after that to get me a ring.  I just got it a few days ago.  So... have some patience, breathe, relax, and enjoy your relationship!
  • Options
    My (now) fiance and I had discussed plans to marry 15 months before he proposed and were able to announce our plans, even though I'd know it was eventually happening. Frustrating times right there :D

Anyway, congratulations and best of luck with the planning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My fiance and I talked about it 2 or 3 years before we actually were engaged. We knew we wanted to be married, but neither of us were where we wanted to be in life yet. We still weren't established. I had no idea when it was coming and that made it that much better. Just be patient and don't snoop or pester. It will make it completely worth it in the end.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat! We decided to get married a month ago, so we're technically engaged BUT we aren't spilling the beans til NOVEMBER! Ahhh, we are just waiting to pick out a ring and he wants to propose a year from when we got together..we are weird for planning it, but oh well! :)
  • Options

Oh girls..I was on the impatient boat before. My fiance and I met in July of 2001, started dating in September of 2001, moved in together September of 2005 and he proposed on Christmas Day 2009. We will become husband and wife on June 25, 2011! Trust me. I know the feeling. But - it's totally worth it in the end. I thought there was no way he could surprise me (being I knew he bought "the" ring)..but - he still TOTALLY surprised me!! I had KNOW idea it'd be on Christmas Day. I thought HANDS DOWN it'd be on NYE. =D Good luck to you NEY ladies!! The outcome and special moment is totally worth the wait.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this...... I do NOT want a diamond ring. At all. I want a simple band and that is it. So, FI just proposed last Wednesday and gave me a ring which he wore for nearly 10 years (took it off about a year ago) and put it on a black leather necklace that he made. The ring itself has inscriptions of the history of Ireland (we are both super Irish) and as a whole the necklace is very shabby chic. I love it!

My family loves him and we have been together for 4 years. But I have seen them twice since the engagement and have yet to tell them.... The necklace is no indication as it clearly isn't a flashy engagement ring. I think our hesitation on the announcement is that we want to elope or hav ea destination wedding and aren't sure how that will fly......

all in all, I couldn't ask for a better engagement ring! 
  • Options
    Sometimes you don't need a ring just yet for the proposal.
    We have been engaged for over a year and with no formal ring or actual proposal. We were in the driveway talking about plans and he blurted out "But you, we are already engaged, so what's the big deal?" I started to laugh and then looked at him and said "really? when did this happen because my finger is bare and i don't remember you asking me" lol
    But we already knew we were engaged as we had been talking about it for months and he asked in me a very non-traditional way.

He is saving to buy the ring I want after we shopped for it for one a few times. I am going to buy his ring not long after he gets mine and we are already shopping for venues, and I have a book of prices and items. He is planning something as well and wants it to be special and something he can afford as well.

I call us at the pre-official engagement because he wants to get down on one knee and know this is forever! I'll take that :)

Don't worry, I"m sure your guy is going to do it right for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards