Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Going to be a Mrs!!

Hey all, I'm Holly! I just found this awesome site in the midst of beginning my wedding planning! i just got engaged this past weekend! So my story.....

Luke and I met when we were nine and my family moved in right next door to his. We were pretty much best friends all the way through high school. It wasn't until junior year, though, that we started to have feelings for each other. So with the exception of a brief 5-year break for colege, we have been together for about eight years. I began to think he was acting a little strange around the holiday season. At first I thought he would propose on Christmas, no ring. Then I thought my birthday (which is right after Christmas), no ring. Then I thought New Years or Valentines day, still no ring. So kind of bummed, I gave up on the idea. Well, this past weekend we decided to go on a little mini-vacation to the beach. It was great weather (well, great for where we live) and he took me out to dinner at a little restaurant overlooking the beach. After dinner, led me out onto the beach where we walked and enjoyed the sunset. He then told me to close my eyes. I thought this was a little weird, but played along. When he allowed my to open my eyes, he had "Will you marry me?" written in the sand and was on his knee beside me!! Of course, I said yes! I am so excited! We are thinking around September of 2011 for a date, because he has to finish law school, but we have aalready began planning! Any tips on where to start? Thanks ladies! Laughing

Re: Going to be a Mrs!!

• Options
    awwwwwwww congrats i wish you two the best....in terms of where to begin there is never a right or wrong so what i did was printed out that massive to do list, closed my eyes and pointed to something on the first page and luck me it was the guest list, which in  a way helped because i got a general idea on head count which in turn helped me look at appropriate venues and the amount of cake needed.good luck
  • Options
    Budget is King, then try finding a ceremony & reception venue.  Once those are squared away, you'll have many more freedoms in your planning process. Good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats. That's a great story. The first thing we did was started a guest list. We listed everyone that we wanted there and asked our parents for lists as well. Once we got our list together we made a decision on if it was too big. Once you do your list I would start your budget. Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! That is such a great and happy story :) 
    Where you were is kind of where I sit right now, he has been acting mysterious and bringing up our future together. Thought it might be Christmas, valentines day, then my birthday, anniversary, but everything has passed so i'm still just sitting here, content, waiting for my turn. Needless to say, I can't wait!
    Good Luck planning and enjoy every moment!
  • Options
    congrats to you!!!

i would start with guest list and money - those two things pretty much dictate everything else.

have fun with it too and when you are beyond stressed - take a break, you have lots of time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards