Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Ring Question

Hey Girls!
   I got engaged a few weeks ago and have a question about my ring. I'm a pretty active person, as in I work out a lot, and do things like rock climb, swim, etc. I don't want any damage to come to my ring when I'm doing these things so I'm trying to figure out when I should be taking it off. I've never been a consistant jewelry wearer so I'm still learning! Any advice?

Re: Ring Question

• Options
    I take mine off for bootcamp because my hands often touch pavement, and for lifting weights. I have never lost a ring while swimming or cycling, but probably because my hands swell when I exercise so there is no way its coming off. I have lost chains, though, so i would never put mine on a chain. 

Its up to you though. Mine is platinum and the back is scratched just from daily wearing. As long as its not the front, I don't care. Life happens. 

Get it insured first thing, though, so in case something does happen to it, you can get it replaced.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I do everything with my rings on.  Including working on a sailboat.   Actually I never take my rings off.  I have them checked every 6 months and so far so good.  I worn a ruby ring for almost 20 years everyday with no problem.  I only stopped wearing it because I got my e-ring.

I do have to say I have fat knuckles so the rings are going no where.  I also have a low setting, so they do not catch on anything.  We had my ring custom made so I could wear them all the time.  If I wore a ring with a high setting I would not wear it all the time.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am always afraid of losing my ring. My fiance and I love to cook and love to travel the world. This of course puts my ring at high risk all the time. I am careful about when I wear it and when I don't, however, I always feel naked without it. We were talking and when we get married we are going to get wedding bands tattooed on. We will have real rings too, but the tattoos will allow everyone to know that we are married even when we can't wear the ring :) 
  • Options
    I have been wearing my ring since Christmas when he gave it to me, and still haven't taken it off.  I haven't done anything too intense, but I am much more concerned about losing it if it comes off than I am in damaging it.  The jeweler who made it told us that it is more common to lose a ring than to damage one, especially with the kind of setting that I have, so I think that's what I'm going to stick with.  Of course, insure it!
  • Options
    I bought an inexpensive tunsten carbide ring to wear for activities like going to the gym, on intense hiking trips, camping, swimming, and so on.  I found mine on titaniumkay.com (recommended through another Knottie) and it was probably the best $50 I could have spent.  I bought it during my engagement and wore it if I wouldn't have my ring on for any extended period of time and of course wear it now when need me.  It's so comfortable and so durable that you don't need to worry about damaging it, and I actually wear it sometimes just because I want to!
  • Options
    Like the PPs said, when ever you feel like you should take it off. Just always have a safe place to put it!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards