Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

My NYC Engagement!

Hi there, Knotties! I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I am so excited to finally begin interacting with fellow brides and brides-to-be now that I'm ENGAGED!

My soon-to-be-hubby proposed on October 26th when we were in NYC for the PhotoPlus Photography Expo with my photography club! We snuck away from the group to grab a romantic lunch at Water's Edge in Queens (a restaurant we visited a year previously while we were on vacation). He had been acting funny all morning, asking me to leave my camera bag with him, saying he had a surprise, not letting me use my cell phone... I was suspicious, that's for sure! But based on conversations we had previously, I though I was going to get a tablet, not a ring!

Turns out, I got both! When we got to the restaurant, he told me to look in my camera bag for my surprise and I couldn't find anything in there! I brought all of my lenses and equipment out, searching in every nook and cranny (because I WAS hoping it might be a ring). He sat there laughing at me for five minutes. In my rush to find something in my camera bag, I had set all of my equipment right on top of a Samsung Galaxy Tablet! Hahaha. 

I was a little disappointed, I'll admit. He told me to take a picture while we were at Water's Edge with my new tablet and upload it to facebook to let our friends and family know that we made it to NYC safe. When I accessed the browser, I noticed that I had hundreds of notifications. I followed the notifications to a picture of my beautiful engagement ring and a status that "I" posted saying "OMG, I'm in NYC, at Water's Edge, and I'M ENGAGED!!!!!" He hacked my facebook and changed my relationship status!!! 

As an avid photography and social media lover, it was absolutely perfect. Then the waiter brought out some champaigne and gave us dessert on the house. I am a lucky girl. He also did a great job picking out my ring: 2 ct moissanite center stone with sapphires set into the band. It is just gorgeous. If you are wondering about whether or not you should get moissanite, rest assured: its a great purchase! Though, I would honestly like a smaller center stone. I had told him I wanted no bigger than 1.5 ct, but when he proposed he said he wanted to give me the biggest and the best (and have everyone in the room know I was taken). I just love this man! He makes me feel special every day of my life. :) 

Enough talking, here's the eye candy: 

Re: My NYC Engagement!

• Options
    Congrats, that's an amazing proposal story! Love your ring and i have the same tablet as you. It's awesome. My fiance bought mine for me too for my 21st birthday :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love this. My husband proposed to me by changing our relationship status as well. Your version is far more "involved," though. Haha!  Great story....congrats! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congrats! LOVE NYC!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats, what a great story!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Love your story and I looove moissanite. I'm hoping that when BF and I get closer to getting engaged, I can find a way to let him know that I want a moissanite ring - every one I've seen in person is absolutely gorgeous - and yours looks spectacular too! Congrats and what a great story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Hummingbird, you'll love it. Mine is from moissaniteco.com, though you can find them elsewhere. If you are lucky, maybe a JC Penney has them in stock in your area. I know there are no retailers here in Michigan, though! We went in blind and couldn't be any happier about the decision. Conflict free, tons of sparkle, will last forever, and didn't cost 30k! :) 
  • Options
    Cute pictures and beautiful ring! Congratulations :)
  • Options
    So cute, congrats!
  • Options
    Thank you both! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! I love your proposal story. You two sound like a very fun couple. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-nyc-engagement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:f48b91d2-cd95-4055-b640-7f30544a6e14Post:95577773-7770-4242-8a09-3d90b84303df">My NYC Engagement!</a>:<div>
    </div><div>Congratulations. Such a beautiful story! 
    [QUOTE]Hi there, Knotties! I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I am so excited to finally begin interacting with fellow brides and brides-to-be now that I'm ENGAGED! My soon-to-be-hubby proposed on October 26th when we were in NYC for the PhotoPlus Photography Expo with my photography club! We snuck away from the group to grab a romantic lunch at Water's Edge in Queens (a restaurant we visited a year previously while we were on vacation). He had been acting funny all morning, asking me to leave my camera bag with him, saying he had a surprise, not letting me use my cell phone... I was suspicious, that's for sure! But based on conversations we had previously, I though I was going to get a tablet, not a ring! Turns out, I got both! When we got to the restaurant, he told me to look in my camera bag for my surprise and I couldn't find anything in there! I brought all of my lenses and equipment out, searching in every nook and cranny (because I WAS hoping it might be a ring). He sat there laughing at me for five minutes. In my rush to find something in my camera bag, I had set all of my equipment right on top of a Samsung Galaxy Tablet! Hahaha.  I was a little disappointed, I'll admit. He told me to take a picture while we were at Water's Edge with my new tablet and upload it to facebook to let our friends and family know that we made it to NYC safe. When I accessed the browser, I noticed that I had hundreds of notifications. I followed the notifications to a picture of my beautiful engagement ring and a status that "I" posted saying "OMG, I'm in NYC, at Water's Edge, and I'M ENGAGED!!!!!" He hacked my facebook and changed my relationship status!!!  As an avid photography and social media lover, it was absolutely perfect. Then the waiter brought out some champaigne and gave us dessert on the house. I am a lucky girl. He also did a great job picking out my ring: 2 ct moissanite center stone with sapphires set into the band. It is just gorgeous. If you are wondering about whether or not you should get moissanite, rest assured: its a great purchase! Though, I would honestly like a smaller center stone. I had told him I wanted no bigger than 1.5 ct, but when he proposed he said he wanted to give me the biggest and the best (and have everyone in the room know I was taken). I just love this man! He makes me feel special every day of my life. :)  Enough talking, here's the eye candy: 
    Posted by bkglessthanthree[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards