Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Choosing a ring

I posted this on the not yet engaged board but thought this would be an appropriate board as well. I'm new to the Knot but post and lurk on the nest.
To keep this short and sweet, I found a ring design I liked over a year ago. My mind hasn't changed about this ring even though I have kept an open mind and looked at some other things (just pictures).
Today we went to look at rings and specifically I tried on the ring I wanted. I love it, he loves it, but I want to let it sink in a bit and be sure it is the right fit. We were literally there for maybe 45 minutes.
The ring I want is produced by a specific designer and where I went is who sells this design.
I'm wondering whether to agree to this one or try to shop around for a better deal.
Any thoughts? It is kind of a specific design and I have never seen anything like it before. I have looked around for the last year via the internet at just pictures but never found anything that even comes close.
Thanks!

Re: Choosing a ring

• Options
    My aunt had a similar problem with her ring. She has a trusted jeweler that she has shopped with for 20 years who always gives her good rates and discounts, but she found a ring elsewhere that she was head over heels about, and her jeweler could not replicate it b/c it just was too intricate of a design. Her husband paid a lot more for the ring than he would have if the regular jeweler could have done it, but in the end she has the ring of her dreams. It sounds like you are head over heels for this ring, too, so I say go for it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We definitely had a similar situation. We were recommended to a jeweller by some recently engaged friends so we went there, he was excellent and got to design the ring of my dreams all in one afternoon. Because we didn't want to wait too long (this was in January and we are getting married in July of this year) my fiancé approved the deal a couple days later but had some regrets that we didn't shop around more. I told him that if he was uncomfortable with the deal we could shop around more. Ultimately he wanted me to have what I wanted and was willing to pay whatever it took and he's not a rich man. So I'd say go with your gut but follow your dreams!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards