Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Dutchy Proposal

A year ago, my long-time boyfriend and I studied abroad in the Netherlands. The next year we went back to visit some friends. It couldn't have been better timing, it was the World Cup, in which Holland was in the finals, the weather was fantastic, and it was over our four year anniversary. On our anniversary we didn't plan anything special- we just spent it with friends and ended up going to a small beachtown.We got drinks and food and spent the day laying on the beach. Then FH asks to take a walk and as I playing with something in the sand- I turn around and there he is on one knee. No speech, just "Will you marry me?" it was a complete surprise. I had no idea he even had the ring with him. We had flown through Iceland and went to Germany and I he told me later he had the ring with him the entire time. It was perfect. My friends were there to roll around in the sand with glee and we took engagement pictures in Holland that week. The only hard part was keeping a secret for 2 weeks until we got home to tell our family in person. And the ring! He picked it out himself and it is seriously better than what I could have done. It is absolutely gorgeous! Now to just plan a wedding while in school..

Re: Just Dutchy Proposal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards