Students

Medical School Brides

Are there any other medical school brides who, rather than finding wedding planning stressful, find it soothing and relaxing?  How are the time restraints working?  And...when do you plan on starting your family with babies?  

Re: Medical School Brides

• Hi hakeefer1, I'm a medical school bride too. My fiance and I did most of the heavy wedding planning over the summer (finding a venue, dress shopping, etc), so that has made planning a wedding during medical school a lot easier than it could have been. I too find wedding planning kind of soothing. It's nice to take a break from anatomy every once in a while. As for when to starti a family, that's a tough one that we haven't quite figured out yet. I don't plan on having any babies during medical school. But other than that, I'm not sure. Have your fiance and you made any decisions about when to start your family? Good luck with any upcoming exams and the rest of wedding planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're planning on the end of 4th year.  Hopefully I'll have all three months of vacation time left so I can take three months off then.  I'm military too, so our match is in dec/jan so we may be moving at the end of the period.  I've had a lot of people tell me 4th year is a good time and that 1st year residency is about the worst time.  Where are you?
  • Hey everyone! I am a first year med student and just got engaged a week ago! My fiance and I are planning to have our wedding in July 2013 when I will have my vacation month. We are also trying to decide when to start a family. I know it will most likely be after I graduate but I'm not sure how it will work out with residency and everything. Any advice about planning the wedding while in school?
  • I am getting married sum er after my first year, struggling with how planning and studying will go since a lot of people tell me its near to impposible, but we have talked about kids during residency since most programs have maternity leave and such

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards