Students

AW: First check for a long engagement! Anyone else got one?

I have my first official check for my wedding and I just couldn't help but share with someone!

So my wedding date isn't until summer 2014 (or 2013 at the earliest) because my fiance is joining the Army and probably won't be stationed near where I am going to go to grad school. We had talked a lot about wanting to do a bit of a fun, retro 1950s/60s theme for our wedding with aqua and cherry red as the colors, and one of my ideas was to have a vintage typewriter as our guestbook (I mean, how fun would it be to get to type a message to the bride and groom?). I found a gorgeous vintage typewriter on Etsy that not only came from the 1960s, but matched our colors. But I decided to hold off buying it since our wedding is so far off, and someone else bought it instead.

Tonight, I was searching their typewriter listings again for the second or third time since that incident, and happened to find the exact same typewriter - for half the price! I called my fiance and we decided to get it! I know it's a bit early, but this seemed like a sign!

It's so weird and exciting to have an official check! Anyone else made any exciting wedding decisions lately, regardless of how far away it might be?
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone