Students

Any Future Veterinarians or Biologists Out There?

I want to become a veterinarian (only in year 2 of pre-vet) and my FI is a herpetologist (reptile/amphibian biologist). Is anyone else a future biologist or vet? 

Re: Any Future Veterinarians or Biologists Out There?

• I'm in school to be an Evironmental Scientist, then I'll move on and get a degree in Wildlife Biology. Yay for science!!!
  • aggiebug is a 2nd yr (I think) vet student -- she usually posts over here, she is super nice :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ehm Dr.Tops I am now a 4th yr :D (was a 3rd yr until 2 weeks ago)

Hi kitty!!! I am a 4th yr vet student @ Texas A&M.  What track are you planning? do you want to go to Washington St? or someplace else?  welcome to the boards
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I really like the food animals, but will most likely end up in a mixed animal practice.  My FI is an aerospace enginerd so we will always be tied to a big city which makes cattle hard to find. 

I am considering getting my MPH in the future and working in epidemiology/ disease control we shall see!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Ooh fun! I find epidemiology fascinating. I am more of a cat/ dog kind of person, though. I think I may work at a small animal clinic in the future. I am waiting until I get further into school to really decide, though. My FI has got me really interested in wildlife, so I might go that route instead. 

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice you are getting married May 2011, too. I can't believe we are finally at the one year mark! I have been engaged for a year, and this whole wedding planning thing is just crazy (especially while going to school at the same time). How are you managing everything? 
  • yeah my family doesn't know where I came from (being in love with the large animals) I grew up in Houston with dogs... haha! but I just really like them, and the herd management.  I dunno kinda crazy!  I do love small animals too, I like it all! (although I have learned zoo is not for me)  Its good to keep your options open, so many people change their minds once they get out in practice even.  That is why I am so glad we have to learn everything so doors don't close!

That is crazy you are a may11 bride! you should come over to the board! Its a pretty good group of girls.Yay for passing the 1 yr mark it is sooo nice to say less than a year out.  I have been engaged for a year as well, we wanted to wait until I was done but being crazy busy with school I needed time to plan so I am so glad he proposed when he did!  There is another poster on the May 11 board that wants to go to vet school.  Kinda crazy that the only 2 other posters on here interested in vet med are May 11 brides!

As far as managing things a long engagement has been wonderful.  I am also getting married here in town so I have been able to make little trips here and there to get things done.  I know I will be relying heavily on my mom as it draws near and clinics get hectic.  Thankfully the way my schedule worked out I should actually have about a month between my last rotation and the wedding, (graduation is 9days before the wedding)  And I will have spring break off, and some more flexible rotations in the spring so I am hoping things will work out well!  I guess its already in motion so we will see how it plays out!

Fred Rogers
  • Wow! Graduation just 9 days before the wedding? I am lucky, I get to take spring and summer quarter off. Then my FI and I are transferring to WSU for the Fall 2011 semester.

I can't believe that there are so many May 2011 brides on here that want to be vets! It is really nice to meet someone on the boards who I can relate to. 

• I'm a future biochemist, does that count?  Nothing interesting with animals though.  :)

Good luck with planning and school!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hehe yeah I am nuts!  I wanted it 2 days after graduation, but I am getting married in the college town and undergrad graduates on Sat soooo no hotels for my guest :-/ 9 days it is!  My sister, husband and 4 kids live out of state so I didn't want to have her pay for 6 tickets twice in one year- I feel bad I am making them do it once!  

Its a stretch but atleast my sister and the 2 littlest kids will be here for both celebrations and my BIL and the 2 older boys can fly in for the wedding (since he works and they are in school)
    Fred Rogers
  • Sorry Aggie!! I did know that, but apparently had a brain freeze that day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know ya did Dr.Tops, no hurt feelings :)  lets just say I am way to freaking happy that I am not a 2nd yr. 

How are your plans coming along?
    Fred Rogers
  • Future vet here!!
    Applying this year in Canada...
    hopefully third time's the charm!! lol
  • Ugh nope but i give you all props! I'm in bio right now and I am so lost!! Not my thing.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Coming in late but I'm a 3rd year vet student at Purdue. 

I don't swing by the students board too much but feel free to PM me or page me on the July 2010 bard.
  • DrReed! I tried to catch you once but missed you and didn't know where to find you.  What do you want to track?
    Fred Rogers
  • wahoo! hi ktbo :) how are you? what are you tracking?  how is 4th yr? I am personally loving it!
    Fred Rogers
  • hey, i'm tracking small, and loving it so far.   Very busy and just signed up for vet prep last week eek!!!
  • wow you are ahead of me on the signing up for vet prep!  It only lasts for 4 months so I am waiting a little longer :)

But we did get the email about registering for the NAVLE and I got some butterflies in my stomach.  ahhh I'm scurred haha
    Fred Rogers
  • graduating next summer with a BS in biology at Rowan University (south jersey). me and my fiance are also planning on having our wedding 2 months before my grad ceremony. may 2011.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • Hey aggiebug, I don't stop in here very often, maybe once a month or so. I'm probably tracking small, but there's a chance it will switch to mixed. 
  • Aggie bug (and any other 4th years)  Vetprep has a special right now that will get you through december if you sign up now. :)
  • thanks ktbo I am getting on RIGHT now to order it. :)
    Fred Rogers
  • holy crap I just signed up for the NAVLE.  I am scared now! haha
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards