Students

Am I crazy?

Hey ladies,

I've never taken quarter semesters before but starting in the Fall I will.  For people who are taking or have taken quarter semesters, am I crazy to try to take 5 classes for my first quarter?  I feel like I have no choice but I do want your ladies opinion on it. 

So, crazy or not?  Why or why not?
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Am I crazy?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_am-i-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:260bb682-1554-475e-99f8-7d2523bcf8e1Post:b0451417-0f6a-474f-aea1-df677d2af158">Re: Am I crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I'm no help :( how long are quarter semesters? If the professors have the syllbus up you can check it out to see what the work load will be like.
    Posted by laurelrenee1[/QUOTE]
    Quarters are generally 10 weeks, whereas semesters are 15 weeks.  I attended a school that was on quarters for a year I remember being advised to take around 12-15 credits at a time, so 5 classes doesn't sound ridiculous.  Just remember you will have an "extra" quarter to take classes in compared to a semester student (3 quarters a year as opposed to 2 semesters) so you might not need that many classes each quarter
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • it depends on quarters not classes, thats what your really want to look at. I'm on quarters and the general amount is 15-18. I usually take 5 classes but that usually only ends up to 15 credits so you really just have to look at your credits.
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Well, our terms are 12 weeks, so more like a quarter than a semester I guess. We have 3 per year. I take 5 classes each term with no problem. Most people at my school take 4-6, although some take up to 8 (including labs). If it's what you feel like you should/need to do, then go for it. If it turns out to be too challenging, you'll know not to do it again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Yes it's 10 weeks.  OK.  I feel like I have to because I am double majoring with two minors so I have a lot of classes to take to finish in two years!  Thanks ladies!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• you arent crazy, its hard i have to admit. I am going to be taking 18 units in the upcomming 10 weeks.... so its ok as long as you can do things on time and study hard,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards