Students

anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?

Hi ladies! I'm officically DONE with college and have a job starting in August! I got a BFA in Dance Education and I'll be teaching at several studios and a college. 

What did you get and what are your plans? Go ahead and brag :) 

Re: anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?

• I still have a year before I do student teaching for special education but congrats on getting a job in a fine arts field when budget cuts are soaring!
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • I just graduated with my BSW. I will be taking my licensing test in the next two months and hopefully finding a job. Then its a year of work before my masters program. It is so nice to be done!
  • oh and what type of dance will you be teaching? My FI teaches swing and ballroom.
  • I will be graduating in the fall with a BS in exercise science and I hope to work in wellness and prevention programs specified in childhood obesity
  • edited May 2012
    just graduated nursing school and i can not switch my brain to study for NCLEX boards!!! help =(
  • aro1589aro1589 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I graduated on May 4th with a BA in integrated marketing communication.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just graduated this month with my DVM. Sososo happy to be done with school!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EC88EC88 member
    First Comment
    I'm graduating in a few weeks with BAs in French and Visual Arts. I'm taking some time off to work and gain teaching experience then I'll be going back to get a Masters in Education.

Congrats to all the recent and soon-to-be grads!
  • I just graduated law school!! It feels awesome . . . except I have to study for the bar now. Haha.
  • Congrats to all the new grads!  I'll graduate next May with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Business Administration.  I'll hopefully find a job and work for a year or two before going back to get my MBA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_anybody-else-graduatedgraduating-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:310f04a2-2f50-407e-9850-102fc006dd9aPost:08d17e73-b1e6-46c6-8627-b118d70ac3b6">Re: anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just graduated with my BSW. I will be taking my licensing test in the next two months and hopefully finding a job. Then its a year of work before my masters program. It is so nice to be done!
    Posted by redheadtmk[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hey, a fellow social worker! I'm actually finishing up my BSW and will graduate next May. I also plan to take a year off before getting my master's, although my mother thinks I'm making a mistake. (She thinks if you take a year off, you'll never go back to school.)

I'm interested to hear how the licensing test goes for you! Oh, and congrats on graduating!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I just graduated with a BA in Education and obtained a job at a child development center at a very large company. Really excited!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_anybody-else-graduatedgraduating-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:310f04a2-2f50-407e-9850-102fc006dd9aPost:ad789dc1-ef12-43f0-84a8-9d045d799871">Re: anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: anybody else graduated/graduating soon!? : Hey, a fellow social worker! I'm actually finishing up my BSW and will graduate next May. I also plan to take a year off before getting my master's, although my mother thinks I'm making a mistake. (She thinks if you take a year off, you'll never go back to school.) I'm interested to hear how the licensing test goes for you! Oh, and congrats on graduating!
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

I took 2 years off between my undergrad and grad school and I wish I hadn't.  I don't think it's a bad idea because you'll "never go back" but I kept thinking "Man, I could be done already if I didn't take time off". LOL.  So, there's a consideration.  I took time off because I thought I needed a mental health break (before getting my masters in art therapy and counseling).  I don't know if the year helped but I know I was regretting it this past year... :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am graduating on June 11 th and getting married on the 16th :D.... So much going on at once and school is getting hectic with final projects and exams.... I can't wait though. Way to celebrate graduation :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats everyone! I just graduated on May 17 with my Doctor of Physical Therapy! Getting married on June 15th! I thought this time of year would never come!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for all the graduates and soon-to-be graduates! I graduated on the 12th of may with my PharmD. So glad to be done, but really stressing over boards now. My NAPLEX is next week and I'd much rather be working on wedding plans than studying.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just graduated this past weekend! I got my BA in Psychology with an art minor. I haven't exactly figured out what I want to do next, so my plan right now is to get a job in some sort of tutoring center and depending on how that goes, I will continue on for a Masters in Education. But I do know that I want/need to go for a masters in something!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_anybody-else-graduatedgraduating-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:310f04a2-2f50-407e-9850-102fc006dd9aPost:afbd70e9-5151-4229-a0d7-d263c9bd2669">Re: anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just graduated law school!! It feels awesome . . . except I have to study for the bar now. Haha.
    Posted by SMN272[/QUOTE]
    Good luck with the Bar!  My fiance is at class right now for that in NY.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Just have student teaching left in August! Then it's time to find a job. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I graduated on May 11th with my A.A.S in dental assisting. I'm working now but will probably go back fall 2013 to finish my Bachelors degree. It's all so exciting! Congrats everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •   I am graduating July 1st with a Masters in Applied Psychology, now I have to start looking for a job ( I got fired from my last job when i told the boss i was coming to school). Getting married on November 24th and I can't wait. Really hoping I get a job soon though, love my FI and love taking care of him but i love having a life of my own too.

Gongrats to everyone and wishing you all the best!!!
  • lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats fellow grads!  I finished my BA in English this past May, and begin my MA in Language and Composition Theory this fall.  I love seeing all the different majors.  Arabic?  Social Work?  Law school?  Pharmacy?  Psychology?  AWESOME.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_anybody-else-graduatedgraduating-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:310f04a2-2f50-407e-9850-102fc006dd9aPost:f7ed1f77-8777-4bc1-9339-86e9d5c8bc6b">anybody else graduated/graduating soon!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I'm officically DONE with college and have a job starting in August! I got a BFA in Dance Education and I'll be teaching at several studios and a college.  What did you get and what are your plans? Go ahead and brag :) 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I graduate  spring 2013 then off to a career college to find a job sometimne next two years.... and my wedding is in 69 days.. yay.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards