Students

Does it really make a difference?

I am stuck between two wedding dates. One is May 21st, a week after finals and the other is May 28th a week before summer school starts. I think I'm being too indecisive about this but I can't decide which is better. Having a week after finals to prepare for the wedding and then two weeks after off before school starts....orrrr....having two weeks off before the wedding and then summer school starts a day after we come back from the honeymoon? UGH I can't believe I am making this decision sooo hard. Another factor is having a wedding memorial day weekend? I'm embarrassed to say I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to this but what do y'all think?

Re: Does it really make a difference?

• Hmm...I think I'd rather have the 2 weeks before the wedding. But I don't think it matters that much either way

• There are a lot of questions only you can answer-Such as: Do you have to travel  to get to the wedding destination, if so how far, how organized are you, how much help do you have from family and FH, are you a planner, is money a factor and if so, how much more for a Memorial Day weekend, how large of a wedding.  There are so many factors ONLY you know and those all need to be taken into consideration to pick the date.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_really-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:3828aca7-042a-4908-8641-b7d5dc0c43b3Post:88a7efce-2928-4d4f-b02c-bb9f769e9571">Re: Does it really make a difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a lot of questions only you can answer-Such as: Do you have to travel  to get to the wedding destination, if so how far, how organized are you, how much help do you have from family and FH, are you a planner, is money a factor and if so, how much more for a Memorial Day weekend, how large of a wedding.  There are so many factors ONLY you know and those all need to be taken into consideration to pick the date.
    Posted by nannewmur[/QUOTE]
    Nannewmur is so right. You have to consider travel and logistics and see what will work for you guys. If it really doesn't matter, and if it were me, I would rather do the 21st. I feel like 2 weeks of nothing before the wedding might drive you nuts, andwithout school, you'll find yourself worrying over wedding details more. Also, it'd be much nice to come from the honeymoon, enjoy some time together, and then jump back in school, rather than feeling rushed. Otherwise, if you're anything like me, you'll spend part of your honeymoon reminding yourself you start class the next day.
  • IMO, I think you need some time after the wedding... rushing back to school after the honeymoon doesn't give you much time to relax at home as husband and wife! If it were me, I'd reather have the wedding as a distraction during finals, because it would get my mind off of stressing over those.
    Photobucket
  • We had originally planned our wedding for the 28th, thinking that Memorial Day weekend would be perfect for people coming from out of town. However, we came to discover that 1. Hotels are more expensive on holiday weekends, plane tickets are more expensive on holiday weekends, and honeymoon locations are twice as booked. we moved ours to the 22nd
  • We are both in school and are taking time before the wedding, instead of after. Rotations start for us the day after we get back from our honeymoon. I think you will need more time after finals to get last second stuff done and unwind.
  • Thanks y'all. I definitely agree there is so much more going into it! As for memorial day weekend, I was with you Kelseydjames thinking it would be perfect but you're right, it is more expensive. We haven't looked at honeymoon locations yet, but I take your word for it!

We decided to stick to our original date May 21st because our new church has it available. Also, we won't have to deal with the crowds coming in to the hotels for memorial day and everything. I'm really excited it's finally made official (will be on thursday at our first marriage prep class!)
  • I would get married earlier than later.  I took my last final on the 13th and got married on the 14th.  While it was stressful, it was fantastic to have a couple weeks afterward to unwind before we went back to school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards