Students

Anyone an RN?

I posted this on the ChitChat board and Hinaj advised me to repost it here.
I'm making personalized thank you bags for my MOH and BM's.  My sister is working towards her RN and I want to include a NCLEX-RN study guide in her bag.  I've seen mixed reviews for the Saunders and the Kaplan editions, anyone have a recommendation either way?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone an RN?

• not an RN yet, but in my last semester. I actually have both books.

Saunders--color illustrations and photos, question bank in the book and on the included CD. not cheap.

Kaplan--trusted system nationwide, but I do not get their logic. I recently went through a review course, and hate their system. it causes me to miss more questions than not. the book is very concise, it tells you just enough to tell you what you may need to study more (as in, it doesn't give you all the info, it will make you hunt some of it down, which is actually good for learning). excellent companion website, but you have to pay for it separately. no CD included with my book, no question bank in the book.

beware, neither book is actually cheap, I'm not sure what kind of budget you may be on.

between the two, I prefer the Saunders.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I have the Kaplan one and it makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes.  PP is right about the info in the book but I have also heard that it really helps for NCLEX.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I recommend Kaplan. I got a book that came with a CD, on-line questions I can access, two 360 question tests in the book, and critical thinking strategies and stuff like that. It was also relatively cheap compared to the other books I saw a the store. Hope the helps. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards