Students

Intro

Hi, I'm Lizzie and I'm a nursing major. 

I am also 45 years old and engaged to an incredible man.

I used to work as an assistant to a couple of incredibly awesome financial advisors, but I've always wanted to be a nurse...life had other paths for me to walk apparently. When I got engaged FI asked me and my daughters to move in. When I asked him if it would be cool financially for me to try being a SAHM, he was very enthused and supportive...he even works overtime to keep me home and in school.

I am really loving being in school, I enjoy the challenges and the "kids" I'm in classes with think it's cool that an "old person" like me is furthering her education.  

I also post/lurk on Snarky Brides, the E board and sometimes chit chat.

Re: Intro

• Hi Lizzie.  Which nursing degree are you pursuing?  I'm half way done with my Masters in Early Childhood Education.  I had thought about nursing as a career at one point, but I think it would be too emotionally draining for me to work with sick people all the time.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Hi Lizzie! I've seen you on E some, didn't know you were going for your nursing degree! Welcome (:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_intro-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:57413901-6341-486e-8c27-b632bf0ec08dPost:f256e74c-1883-46e0-893c-c2e3450305be">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Lizzie.  Which nursing degree are you pursuing?  I'm half way done with my Masters in Early Childhood Education.  I had thought about nursing as a career at one point, but I think it would be too emotionally draining for me to work with sick people all the time.  
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey Star,  I'm going for my ADN,RN and I am interesting in Trauma.  I will pursue my BSN, but I figure that I will work for a year then let the hospital pat for me to complete my Bachelors.</div><div>
    </div><div>Early Childhood Education is a good thing!!!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards