Options

Prime At Anthes & Guy's Party Center

Any opinions on these reception venues?

Re: Prime At Anthes & Guy's Party Center

• Options
    mzlildncrmzlildncr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE Guy's Party Center! We are having our reception there in May! :)
  • Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Anthes! Their food is delious, the building and rooms are beautiful and it's in a very pretty location in the Portage Lakes. It defiinitely wins my vote! We looked at having ours there but unfortunately it was out of budget for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to numerous weddings at Guys Party Center and I have never been let down! My senior prom was there as well. The food is good, and the nice thing about it is that the price includes not only food, but also alcohol and decorations! We are planning on having our reception there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 11th, 2011

244 invited 98 accepted! 12 can't make it 134 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 25th, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception will be at Guy's.I've been to weddings there and they were so pretty!And they have a really good deal if you get married on a Friday ($30 per person which includes food, alcohol, tax and gratuity)....you can't beat that (I tried!).Go meet with both and go with your gut.  You'll know which one you want when you walk into the place!
  • Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is $26.50 per person which includes food, alcohol, hall rental, tax, gratuity, parking attendants, set-up, and clean-up. (Willowdale Lake Country Club) So the price can be beat if you're diligent in looking around! Guys Party Center is okay, I'm just judgemental about the outside of the building. It's so ugly. The inside is nice though, which I know is the important part. You really can't go wrong with either Guys or Anthes. Anthes is just such a classy place that I would recommend it over Guys. You'll have to let us know which venue you decide to go with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Guy's and it was perfect!!  The outside of the building is boring brick but the inside is beautiful.  They were easy to work with, the food was amazing and I got a ton of compliments - no one cared what the outside of the building looked like - they aren't going to be spending their night outside. GL!
  • Options
    jstripejstripe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Guy's this past May, and it was just perfect.  I have been to many, many events there and have never been let down by the food or venue.  The staff is accommodating and friendly, and the ballrooms are truly beautiful.  The only thing Anthe's has on Guy's are those sourdough rolls.  Yum yum.
  • Options
    fourteenfourteen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anthes definitely gets my vote!It's been updated in the past year and is beautiful on the inside.  The food is great and was recently bought by the owners of the Waterloo.   Guys is in a good location and I've heard good things, but the last time i was there the decorations were a little overwhelming.  Both have been in the business for a long time and know their stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards