Students

Selling back books

Can anyone recomend a good place to sell back textbooks?  I've looked into amazon, but I'd like to get cash if possible. 

TIA!

siggya>

Re: Selling back books

• edited May 2010
    I tried Amazon and they would only give me $6 for the book I purchased. Try ecampus.com or google textbook buyback and see what comes up. If you find anything wirth doing let me know!

EDIT:: Most sittes seem to have the same asking price for buy back. They'll even ship free of charge to you. The thing with Amazon is that they do a trade-in so you get an Amazon giftcard instead of cash.
    imageimageimageimage
  • try half.com

i have had great success with selling and buying books from there!
  • I also have had great success with half.com, I think it's related to ebay, There are quite a few sites out there, that will give you a decent amount back, if you do a google search for 'book buy back' you should find lots. I always got my payment in the form of a check or paypal deposits.

On a side note, I also went to nursing school & they didn't take books back.  So the few I did sell back were always online.  I've actually kept most of mine to use for further education (just finished my BSN & will be getting my masters/ CRNA in the future) :) Even the very specific books actually do come in handy for papers, but the money is also nice.

Good luck, both with your books, the wedding and nursing school (it can be very challenging....and don't worry, once you're through with school, you dont do 'prep' work for work, like clinicals! :)
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • I have had really good luck with Amazon. So far I've made almost 200 bucks in the last two weeks...I would really give it a try.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you want to get cash, try a local used bookstore.  I know a lot of websites just use PayPal anymore, which is sad, because I enjoy cash too! :)
  • I will third Amazon, best way I thought to reach a lot of people, have sold 42 books so far and made over $500 in the process, so I don't think that's too bad!  For me it was also just worth it to get the big heavy books out of my house so when I move in w/FI I don't have as much cr**

Good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use half.com to sell my books back; the money gets deposited into your checking (or whatever acct you give them) account at the end of the pay cycle. They take a minimal fee from your listing price though
    Anniversary
  • I'm so lazy with actually selling my books. I'd rather just sell them to the site and take whatever they give me. I don't want to wait around and see if someone will actually buy them. I found this website last night and it'll give you the prices from numerous sites so you'll get the best deal.

clicky
    imageimageimageimage
  • I've sold mine back to barnes and noble before. You just got on the site:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/frames/selltextbooks/index.asp

and enter in the ISBNs and they sent me a box to ship the books in and then I got a check in the mail a week later! Hope that helps!

June2012 Siggy for March:Honeymoon in Panama City Beach
    image 288 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 206 Are MIA!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I transferred schools and majors... The bookstores will rip you off and I do not have time to check every website! Go to www.bigwords.com... you type in your book and it goes through half.com and all those buy back sites to see who is accepting your book and what they will pay you for it! You can essentially choose the highest amount and it guides you through- super simple and easy to use! I buy my books on there as well- a lot of the companies give you a guaranteed buy back amount! I have saved soooo much money! Best site ever!

BTW its not just books its CDS and all kinds of things- relatively new, but a very easy and dependable website! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards