Students
Options

"Wedding Class"

I've noticed that there are a lot of posts about balancing school and planning the wedding. I just wanted to share my two cents.

I don't get married until early 2012 but the thought of being in my first year of Grad School and planning a wedding can be overwhelming at times. So I was talking to my sister about this - she got married in November 2008 and got her M.Ed. in May 2009. I asked her how she managed it and she gave me some of the most practical advice I've heard. I just posted this on another thread but thought I would create a separate one for those that don't read comments on other threads.

She is sooo super organized and likes to have a "plan." What she did is she put her wedding planning into her planner like it was another class. She literally called it "Wedding Class" and had it fit into her school/work schedule. She would say "Wedding Class Flowers" and block off some time or "Wedding Class Invites." She scheduled it so that it wouldn't be overwhelming or stressful. If she had a big test/final/project she would avoid scheduling WC right before or on the day of this thing and would do it a day or two later.

I plan on doing this when I really get into my planning in a few months. Hope that helps! I have posted it on a few other boards but it really seemed to work for her as her wedding was beautiful and she graduatd on time. :)

Good Luck to my fellow student brides out there!
imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Wedding Class"

• Options
     I love this idea. Your sister was very smart.
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    I thought it was a great idea - I guess older sisters ARE right sometimes. ;) JK
  • Options
    This is a great idea. I'm getting married in July, so this semester I haven't been too busy. I've been working on little things when I'm done with schoolwork for the evening and I have a little bit of time. But next semester, I will have a lot more things to do, so scheduling might work out really well for me. Thanks!
  • Options

I'm doing something similar. My classes are on MWF so I only schedule wedding stuff on TTH. My problem is I can't stop thinking about the wedding. I'm on here way too much and when I'm not I am on other wedding sites. I have definitely "made room" for school, but not like I should or want to. But made grades are still up so I'm not doing that bad :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • Options
    Kristie - glad your grades are still up. :) That's all that matters right? Just kidding. I don't know as far as *thinking* about it. Sister is just crazy and can focus like no one I've ever seen. haha. I tend to be a bit more easily distracted especially when something is pretty and more interesting. Maybe just give yourself like a "wedding curfew." Like after 10 pm I will not be on a wedding site or I can't get on a wedding site until I do x.y and z for class. You know like our parents used to do! haha
  • Options
    GREAT idea!  i have thought about this myself, but i'm only in two classes this semester soooooo wedding stuff is taking over!  i've been obcessed with wedding planning since the engagement and i'm thrilled to finally get the chance! :D
    11-4-10: -3 pounds
  • Options
    That is sooo smart!!! My biggest problem is that I'm planning a wedding for back home, but I go to school three hours away. It makes it rather difficult to schedule things and whatnot. I have definitely gotten a LOT better at not spending endless amounts of time on the wedding so far.

Who all has registered so far?
  • Options

My wedding is next month so I have everything lined up. As far as school, I received my acceptance letter to the clinical nursing school I want and I start in January. I won't gt my schedule until I get there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • Options

So many good ideas. I try not to send somuch time on wedding stuff, but since all I do is go to school MWF it's easy to spend all my extra time doing that. The thing that astounds me is that I can spend SO much time on the computer looking at wedding sites and photos and still not get anything done. lol oh well guess pratice makes perfect:)

image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards