Ohio-Northeast
Options

Alterations Express

Does anyone have any experience with them, particularly the Strongsville location?  I know a lot of people rave about Julianne's (????) on this board for gown alterations but I was researching options...

Re: Alterations Express

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have experience with them, but if you are 'shopping around', a couple other names to toss into the mix would be seamstresses Gail Czapor of Parma and Cara Hunsicker of Olmsted Twp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went the Alterations Express on Mayfield to have an Ann Taylor dress altered (not wedding related). The alterations were fine, but I thought it was a little expensive. My only complaint was that one strap was still a little too long so I guess I'd go to a place I know alters bridal gowns all the time.
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  They had them at Filene's Basement giving advice etc as to what could be fixed and stuff on Friday morning.  The one lady seemed to know what she was talking about, but I was looking for more of a general reference for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used the Mayfield location.  It was very expensive- $300 plus tax to just bustle my gown and add bust darting to fit the bust.  To be fair, the top is heavily beaded so it did require additional work, and there are 21 bustle hooks, so it was a lot of work.  The bustle hooks are metal, I was hoping they would have been painted white or something so they would be less visible, but they did try to blend them in.   I was not overly impressed with the bustle, but it was  a crazy amount of material to pickup so I think they did the best they could.I was overall happy with their work and they did steam the dress for free and even gave me a new bag as my dress bag had a bad zipper.  The manager was very friendly and seemed to know her stuff.  I did feel a bit rushed-- it's definately not the princess type experience that some are hoping for.  Prices were- $150 for bust darting on a beaded bust,  $150 for bustle with multiple pickup points.  I think it would have been cheaper if I only had 3-4 bustle hooks instead of my 21.HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards