Students

study time... : (

Hi everyone!!

I am new to this board and very excited . I am  in grad school studying International  Economics.

I would like to hear from you ladies how you plan your study time. what is your routine and how do you juggle your schedules? I am finding it very hard to cope in grad school and things are not getting any better. I recieved my end of semester exam results today. When I  looked at them  I  nearly passed out. They are not good. I definately need a new plan going forward. First off  is to cut back the time I spend knotting : ) Any other suggestions ladies?

Thank you  all in advance. 

Re: study time... : (

• I'm not in grad school yet, but I typically schedule out different blocks of hours for different classes and write out at to-do list of what I want to get done within that hour (study guide, reading a chapter, homework, review notes, ect).  I use google calendar to block off my entire schedule so that I know when I have class, when I have my internship, and then I can block off homework time.  List making is always my first step though, it's seriously a life saver.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in my last year of law school. The best advice I can give you about graduate school and studying is to treat it like a job. Get there in the morning by 9 even if you don't have class early. Leave at 5 or 6 or 7 if necessary. Study and do your work during the day in between classes so you can spend time with your FI in the evenings.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • I work full time and take two grad classes a semester. Sometimes, working at home is full of distractions, so I usually try to go straight to the library after work most weekdays and get a solid 2 hours of reading or writing done there. I will also take my computer to the library on Saturdays. Sunday is usually for relaxing and running errands with FI.

I find at home, it's so easy to get a snack, or start doing laundry, or turn on just ONE episode of a show... so I need to go somewhere I can really focus, and turn off the wireless on my laptop!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • i do it like pp - i treat it like its a job.  cause, in reality, it will be someday. 

good luck - its not easy!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards