Students
Options

SLP gals?

I'm starting my 2nd year in my masters degree towards becoming an SLP. I'm actually not too nervous to plan and go to school because I will be doing my internships. I will have to study for my national exam, but hopefully things won't be too stressful. I thinkt he worst part will be when I graduate in May, try and find a job and then get married 6/4/11! eek!!!

Re: SLP gals?

• Options
    I'm a future SLP too!!!!
    I just started my Master's program this summer and it's quite intense. I'm looking forward to the internships versus all the lovely clinic and artic clients :-P. Good luck with graduating, finding a job, and getting married! I'm planning on getting married in the middle of my grad program because my FI is in the army and deployment makes things sticky....
    Good luck with your program and the PRAXIS!! :-)
  • Options
    I'm starting my postbac SLP classes in the fall, so it will be 3 years before I get my masters. Not engaged yet (bf is saving for a ring), but we've been talking about timing and when would be the best time to think about getting married, either while I'm in school, or waiting until after I'm done. Either way, a wedding and a  career still feel a long way off, even though I know it will fly by!
  • Options
    I'm starting my 2nd year master's program for speech pathology, too! My fiancee proposed the weekend before finals in May.. and I had 2 killer ones Monday morning.. needless to say, not much studying got done that weekend! haha.  Planning was more stressful initially during the summer because I was doing 50 hour weeks of internship and commuting, so I never really had much free time.  And, I'm 6 hours away from home, so planning long distance for venues etc was pretty difficult.  We're getting married June 25, 2011, & while I'm looking forward to it, I think next summer is going to be really stressful! Graduation is in the beginning of May, the wedding is june 25, and our lease for our apt is up June 30, so we have to be out by then.. and have no idea where we're going.. depends wherever I can find a job! I think the most stressful part was figuring out whether to have the wedding before or after June30, when we have to move.... everything for next summer is so up in the air, kinda drives me crazy.. but at least we finally went ahead & set a date! Now, passing the praxis in September & finding a job i nthe spring....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards