Students
Options

So close!

This semester is so close to being over! Only two weeks to go! I wrote a 10 page paper today - ugh I am worn out on school work. How are you all doing with finals?

Re: So close!

• Options
    I'm currently in the middle of the take home exam from hell. The sad thing is, this is supposed to be an easy class. And it was all semester. The prof spoke in very general terms about an area with which I was already familiar. Life was good. And then...an exam with super specific questions over stuff that we merely glossed over and/or talked about how we "felt" about it. Needless to say, I'm in a bad mood. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

One word ladies to help you with finals and wedding planning "alcohol". What I actually mean is wine it is ssssooo relaxing to drink a glass here and there to help with my finals.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_close?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:71a1167f-81cb-4f4c-a5aa-4e4c4b8da627Post:3eb65669-5688-4cad-8e8e-41c330a11f00">Re: So close!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm currently in the middle of the take home exam from hell. The sad thing is, this is supposed to be an easy class. And it was all semester. The prof spoke in very general terms about an area with which I was already familiar. Life was good. And then...an exam with super specific questions over stuff that we merely glossed over and/or talked about how we "felt" about it. Needless to say, I'm in a bad mood. :(
    Posted by Jennifer&Nate[/QUOTE]

My mid-term was like that in one of my classes. I'm so glad we don't have a final in that class, just a presentation. It was awful! She thought she had covered so many things that she hadn't even mentioned!

• Options
    Knowing it's going to be 100% of my grade isn't helping my mood either. :(
    Wow, I'm a downer today! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I understand! I was stupid and decided to take two math classes in one semester... And aren't I lucky!? Both of the finals are tomorrow! ugh... good luck ya'll
  • Options
    Ewwwww math! So glad I don't have any more of those classes. Good luck tomorrow! Don't forget your calculater and (if you're like me) a jumbo eraser! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I despise math! That's why I took AP math in high school so I wouldn't have to take it in college. I haven't taken a math class in 3 years!

• Options
    Im so glad its almost over I have a take home exam on tues, a group paper due weds, and my last paper due next Tues I'm so ready for it to be over
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm studying for my first law school final (Crim Law, ugh) and my eyes are falling out of my skull, I'm fairly certain. :P
  • Options
    Good luck, musicalsun! Law exams suck, but if I can do it, you can do it! :D And it really does get better your second year. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am studying for a test this week, and then I have my Econ, Acct, and one other final all within a 24 hour period next week! I am just trying to survive til next Thursday.
    ~totally in love with my best friend~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Beth, do you have classes for 2 weeks? Or is that when an exam period ends?

I finish classes this Wednesday (unless we have more snow days! woo!) and I have one paper to finish writing, a French test on Wednesday, and then I just have one exam during the exam period on the 16th.

Then I sleep for 2 weeks. :)
  • Options
    bren - I have classes this week and finals next week. But next will probably be easier for me because all my projects and whatnot are due this week. I am in desperate need of a break though, I have not been getting enough sleep!

• Options
    I think classes are over this week here, if I'm not mistaken.  This thread makes me really glad that I'm done with classes.  Hang in there girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A bit late but... good luck ladies!! We're almost done! I have a presentation this week and 2 presentations and 1 test next week then I sleep and recover for 2 weeks!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How come some of you only get 2 weeks break? My break is a month long...I would not be happy if I only got 2 weeks.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_close?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:71a1167f-81cb-4f4c-a5aa-4e4c4b8da627Post:bd1271a4-f3da-42a9-815a-c41afd691c7e">Re: So close!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How come some of you only get 2 weeks break? My break is a month long...I would not be happy if I only got 2 weeks.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

In college I got over a month off, I think it was more like 1.5 months.  Most of my friends did.  Some schools do shorter winter breaks, though, and let out for summer earlier.

In grad school, it's pretty common for classes to start over the winter intersession.  So even though the undergrads get a month or so off, there's only two weeks of break for many graduate students.  And for people doing research, it's usually not okay to take the whole month off, even if you don't have classes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_close?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:71a1167f-81cb-4f4c-a5aa-4e4c4b8da627Post:bd1271a4-f3da-42a9-815a-c41afd691c7e">Re: So close!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How come some of you only get 2 weeks break? My break is a month long...I would not be happy if I only got 2 weeks.

My program in for grad school so I have to take winter intersession which starts right after the 1st of the year. I also only get like a month off for summer because of summer intersession... darn you grad schools and your lack of breaks!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

At my grad school program we don't have classes but those of us with research assistantships are required to be back and "working" because we're classified like all other employees. I would only get a week off but I have enough vacation days to make it 2 weeks this year.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    Well I was supposed to finish tomorrow, but I guess I finished last thursday since the past 2 days have been snow days and tomorrow has already been cancelled as well. So besides my one paper and one exam, it looks like I've got a month off.

Beth, I finish in April if that makes any difference. We have four months off for the summer. And then a reading week in February.
  • Options
    Snow day!  That's awesome!
  • Options
    That's definitly something that sucks about Georgia. We rarely get a snow day...just the occasional ice day. :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards