Students

Financial Aid Stress... Good Vibes appreciate :)

Hello ladies!
Many of you may not have seen me around because I'm new on the boards though I'm not new to the Knot. I've had my website up on the Knot for a while now but I was a silent lurker until recently. I'm glad to finally be a more active "poster" now since I really love having a place to share my thoughts with fellow brides. 
That aside, I could really use some good strong positive vibes. I'm going through a hard time with school... this fall is my last semester until I graduate, which I'm really excited about but it seems that financially things are getting difficult--tuition went up, aid went down, etc. I'm sure all of you other student-prospective brides understand this distress! I've just emailed the Financial Aid office and will probably be on the phone with them tomorrow, next week, however long it takes... I don't even know. I could really use reassurance and support in sorting this all out.
(BTW, I've actually posted this on the May 2011 board as well, as it is my wedding month and these are the two boards I like to frequent Laughing )
Good, strong, happy vibes, prayers, etc. appreciated!!!!
Best regards always,Ali

Re: Financial Aid Stress... Good Vibes appreciate :)

• I feel ya, girl. I'm going through hell with my financial aid right now, and all because my future graduate school is extremely organized. I have to make some phone calls tomorrow to make sure everything's going alright. So I'll definitely be pulling for you and hoping everything works out!
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    Sending good vibes you way!!!  I know what you mean with the stress, I have to deal with them next Monday.  I am not looking for ward to it.  I hope everything works out for you. 
  • Thanks, girls! I really appreciate the support and I'm sending positive vibes your ways too! We're all in this financial aid-school rut together but we'll pull through! 

Update: I've been making some phone calls and doing some paperwork (online, haha). I think things are clearing up. Not out of the dark just yet but getting there! I had actually anticipated worse. Gotta keep on being persistent. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_financial-aid-stress-good-vibes-appreciate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:7410a5d3-12e7-4288-9b92-587fd4bcf2b1Post:88ab405c-6ca3-4c3c-82db-98362daf6a18">Financial Aid Stress... Good Vibes appreciate :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! Many of you may not have seen me around because I'm new on the boards though I'm not new to the Knot. I've had my website up on the Knot for a while now but I was a silent lurker until recently. I'm glad to finally be a more active "poster" now since I really love having a place to share my thoughts with fellow brides.  That aside, I could really use some good strong positive vibes. I'm going through a hard time with school... this fall is my last semester until I graduate, which I'm really excited about but it seems that financially things are getting difficult--tuition went up, aid went down, etc. I'm sure all of you other student-prospective brides understand this distress! I've just emailed the Financial Aid office and will probably be on the phone with them tomorrow, next week, however long it takes... I don't even know. I could really use reassurance and support in sorting this all out. (BTW, I've actually posted this on the May 2011 board as well, as it is my wedding month and these are the two boards I like to frequent   ) Good, strong, happy vibes, prayers, etc. appreciated!!!! Best regards always, Ali
    Posted by abarbos1[/QUOTE]

Prayers for you!

Happy vibes!

I had an identical situation that I just finally resovled toay. I'm graduating in December (finally!!) and finaid was REFUSING to post my loans on our student sites so that I could accept them. My loans had been approved...they just refused to  put it on the internet. Tuition has gone up here, loans down as well. Frustrating. I waged war with them. It was painful and bloody and involved a lot of phone calls.

Persevere! Life will be good again soon and then you'll get MARRIED and yay!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • All the luck to you! Financial aid is frustrating, I think even more so the Aid Department, or rather, the 18,000 aid related departments and offices that can never seem to coordinate with one another.

Fingers crossed for you! **

• Oh, girl, I feel for you! :)

Being a student and trying to plan a wedding is so stressful! 

My fiancee is at law school and I'm a graduate student at BC so we are pretty broke. Getting loans and aid together is so annoying; my fiancee is having difficulty with his loan package as of yet. We always plan on putting money away for the wedding since it's a year and a half away but we always have other expenses!

We'll get through it! The most important part of it all is marrying your sweetheart, regardless of what else is going on! 

Good luck with everything!
  • I'm always having financial aid issues and it never seems to be enough. I feel you, but it will all work out.  It always works out for me, yea I have to set up camp at school and be a member of faculty for about three weeks, but it turns out ok. :)
    Photobucket
  • I completely feel you also. I have been crunching numbers for both my fiance and I non stop for 3 days now and I'm ready to "jump".

Our tuition went up, and aid went down also. I'm a second year med student so I higher budget is no where in sight. The financial aid lady said, "Well hun you will have 10,00 to live off of for 6 months!" Ha, I know, that's the problem.

Anywhoo, I feel that if we do our best to stewart our money, God will take care of the rest. I sure hope 3 days of number crunching and a lifetime of penny pinching is considered my best.

We will survive!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards