Students
Options

Hey everyone! (intro)

Just wanted to post as I'm new to the boards. I'm Morgan, I'm working toward my Associate's in psychology, graduating and transferring next year. I'm actually finishing my psych degree in the fall, but I'm signing up for a second degree program to keep attending for just next spring (to avoid financial aid snafus, get some gen eds out of the way, and save cash). This is actually my fourth major: originally I was pre-law, then adolescent education, then business, and now psychology. But this is perfect, so no switching for me, though I might add a dual major of psych/gender studies when I transfer.

I just got engaged, no date's been set for the wedding yet. Which is good, finals are driving me batty and I don't think I could handle wedding planning on top of it. We haven't bought a ring yet, but that's because he wants my input and I'm just too busy. We've figured we'll probably get married after I get my Bachelor's degree.

Between classes, work, finals, and everything else (a paper I wrote on gender theory for a sociology class is up for a library research award, dealing with family, and the like), it's a wonder I get any sleep.

Re: Hey everyone! (intro)

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement! I feel you on the super busy thing, my schedule has just let up some. I work part time, was interning, and taking a full load of classes this semester. Its a wonder we don't go nuts :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Noey, and I'm also working on my BS in psychology. Although right now it doesn't feel very fun, since my main classes are math and bio which I hate and am honestly doing BAD at.

Since our date is next year, I've only planned minor details :)
    However, I'm working my butt off and by taking 5 classes this summer, 5 this fall, 5 during winter, and 5 during spring, I should be graduating after that!
    Which is a miracle, since we'll be needing insurance and obviously I'm not likely to get a job with benefits if I don't have my degree.

What field do you want to go into?
    For the time being (next year) I'm going to try to work in HR, then I'm going back for my masters...Then I'm going into counselling.

Seems like forever away...
  • Options
    Congrats and Welcome!!!

Soo happy that this board is becoming more and more busy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards