Students
Options

Yay! Students!

Oh my goodness. I am so happy I stumbled upon this group. I just started looking at these knot message boards, and once I saw "students," I knew I had to see this board. I am currently a full-time grad student near DC and my fiancee works full-time in Delaware. Planning this wedding has been stressful. We are getting married next September, during the very beginning of my last year of school. We've thought about waiting until I graduate, but then I have to take my licensing exam and work towards taking my clinical exam and really, it just seems like we can keep pushing it back, but there will always be something. The hardest part is often I will sit at the computer to work on a paper and then I find myself getting distracted by looking at photographer's websites or returning emails to caterers or daydreaming about planning this or that. Anyone else struggling with staying focused? 

Re: Yay! Students!

• Options
    HAHA! I completely understand you.  I'm supposed to be off cleaning my apt at the moment, but I always get sidetracked here (especially when I'm supposed to be doing important tasks like studying for my GRE, homework, and looking for graduate programs). So you're not completely alone in that aspect!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • Options
    Haha... I understand!  I live in DC and should be studying for the LSAT right now, but I'm on the Knot!
  • Options
    I totally understand what you are going though... I had to leave our house, go to a friends and she had to force me to study! I am horrible about being on facebook, theknot and other websites... it seems like there is not enough time in the day for everything I need to do. I am also getting married next September (I hang out on the Sept 2011 boards a lot) hopefully I will be graduating nursing school in May, so that will give me time to find a job, get settled in and plan all the details for the wedding in 4 months! AHHH!!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_yay-students?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:834d9252-1ed6-418f-a9ba-d1965b6cef6ePost:24e6a763-2567-47e2-b206-c662d430425e">Yay! Students!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness. I am so happy I stumbled upon this group. I just started looking at these knot message boards, and once I saw "students," I knew I had to see this board. I am currently a full-time grad student near DC and my fiancee works full-time in Delaware.
    Posted by enfieldk[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone else is in an LDR! I live in Chicago and my FI lives in Minneapolis.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_yay-students?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:834d9252-1ed6-418f-a9ba-d1965b6cef6ePost:3355c5eb-1836-4393-9a9a-da5f78dc43c9">Re: Yay! Students!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Yay! Students! : Finally, someone else is in an LDR! I live in Chicago and my FI lives in Minneapolis.
    Posted by MrsMLRB[/QUOTE]

Can I join the LDR club, too?  I live in WI and my FI lives in So. IL.  It's comforting to be around people that are going to tell me I'm nuts. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_yay-students?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:834d9252-1ed6-418f-a9ba-d1965b6cef6ePost:345216e3-759f-4bc8-8c2f-4798e6db4a22">Re: Yay! Students!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yay! Students! : Can I join the LDR club, too?  I live in WI and my FI lives in So. IL.  It's comforting to be around people that are going to tell me I'm nuts. :)
    Posted by notyetavet[/QUOTE]

Oh, that is not fun. At least with Minneapolis and Chicago we can fly back and forth on the weekends. Driving to southern IL must be awful!
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards