Students
Options

Summer Classes are Going to KILL ME!!

So, I think I'm crazy. For some reason I decided to take 3 classes during Summer A.. Summer A only lasts 6 weeks!!

Today I went to 2 of my classes and already have a 10 page paper (for a world history class), 30 page unit plan (for a social studies education class), and a lesson plan due. I'm freaking out. 

I don't want to drop anything but I'm nervous. I will be running around like a crazed chicken with my head chopped off for the next 6 weeks.

Anyone else suffering? 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Summer Classes are Going to KILL ME!!

• Options
    My masters program runs through the summer, so as of September I have been in school for two years straight without an actual break. School in summer really blows :(
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh man.. I could not do that!! I feel for you, girl!

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yup I'm in the exact boat as you. Feel you're pain.
  • Options
    My masters started this summer so on top of having my first grad classes ever they'r also squished into a 6 week period. I have homework/projects due constantly and NO motivation to do it. Thank goodness there's a two month break before fall starts!
  • Options
    Ugh! I feel you! Im going crazy, luckily my one summer class goes all summer.(my math class) Then two otheres are like 6 weeks each! Good luck! are you working too during this?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JA2003JA2003 member
    First Comment
    I was in your exact same position last summer! I feel your anxiety. I made an excel worksheet of a weekly schedule and literally "scheduled" my time for that 4 week period. It helped so much- that I started using it during the regular semester. I made a full 4 week spreadsheet that highlighted when things were due and when exams were and then created my weekly ones based off that. I had times when I dedicated to "dinner" "TV" and "study" and although I know it sounds completely silly, it really did help. I wish you the best!!
    "We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I feel the same way!  Sometimes I keep asking myself why I decided to take summer classes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_summer-classes-going-kill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:8723801d-b26d-4ffe-b811-dd4944eaf084Post:0ca769d3-f97d-4032-9bb4-ef658ef31d7f">Re: Summer Classes are Going to KILL ME!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was in your exact same position last summer! I feel your anxiety. I made an excel worksheet of a weekly schedule and literally "scheduled" my time for that 4 week period. It helped so much- that I started using it during the regular semester. I made a full 4 week spreadsheet that highlighted when things were due and when exams were and then created my weekly ones based off that. I had times when I dedicated to "dinner" "TV" and "study" and although I know it sounds completely silly, it really did help. I wish you the best!!
    Posted by JA2003[/QUOTE]
    Such a good idea!! I will try this!<div>
    </div><div>UPDATE: so far things are going well. As well as they can go, I guess, haha. I'm trying to get a jump start on work. I know I'll be fine but just really tired after this is all over. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for all the support!!</div>

• Options
    Ask again next week... my first summer class (EVER!) starts on Monday, and I'm dreading it... no summers free from now until I graduate (2013), which bites. Luckily, it's only one class this summer to ease me into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards