Students
Options

Introduction and city hall wedding?

Hello Everyone!

I'm not new to TK but I'm new to this discussion board!  My fiance and I are both Juniors in college and have been engaged for 2 years.  I am starting dental hygeine school in the fall and because my FAFSA is based on my father's income rather than mine I get no financial aid and enough student loans to go to school part-time. We've decided to go ahead and get married now so that we aren't in debt up to our eye-balls for our entire lives and I can actually graduate sometime in the forseeable future.  Is anyone else here in a similar situation?  How did/are you dealing with family members who disapprove of your decision?

About our wedding:
We are aiming to get married by March 1st.   We've got a tiny budget so we are just inviting two friends each and close family (30 people).  We're interested in getting married at City Hall but I've never been to a C.H. wedding so I have no idea what to expect.  Does anyone have any ideas (or could you direct me to an older post) for a winter wedding/reception on a tiny budget (we're talking $1200, tops). Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards