Students

engagement party stress (sorry just need to vent)

I just finished classes this week and now finally can enjoy my engagement. So, I am in the midst of planning an engagement party but I cannot settle on a date. Trying to find a day that works for me, my FI, my mom and my FMIL is proving to be very difficult. I want to have the party during the summer before my fall semester starts. I just want to pick a date and be able to really start planning this party. I am getting so stressed by this!!! Thanks for listening, just really needed to vent. 

Re: engagement party stress (sorry just need to vent)

• Sorry it's so stressful!  My aunt's throwing our party, so I have no idea when it's going to be, other than sometime this summer.  It would be nice to know though.  Did you try asking them all for a list of dates that worked for them and then seeing if any dates overlapped?  It may help.  Good luck with everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • You really shouldn't be planning your own engagement party.  It's considered gift grabby and rude.  Sorry you're stressed though. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not really planning my engagement party. However, I'm being asked which date will work and what kind of food I want. Beyond that no clue what out parents plan to do.I think asking everyone what their availability is which be very helpful. I just hate being in the middle of everything. Me and the FI tel them a date then his mom or my mom has an excuse for why the day doesn't work. Hopefully with the advice given we can finally get this ball rolling. Thanks
  • oh and did I add it's going to be a small backyard party with like 25 people max (if they all show). So, I guess that's what makes this so frustrating because I'm not doing anything big. 
  • Thank you ladies. I took the suggested advice of writing down what days work for meand my FI. I gave that to my FI's parents, now I just have to wait for them to tell me which day works. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards