Students
Options

Not cool! ...vent

At the end September I completed a phlebotomy program and have been anxiously waiting for an externship date.   About two weeks ago my instructor from the program emailed me and let me know that I will be going on my clinical at the end of January into the beginning of February.  I was so excited and requested those dates off from my job as early as I could just to be sure I would get those days off.  My supervisor approved the days, and everything seemed to be going smoothly.  That is until last night.  I received an email from my instructor telling me that my dates for externship have been moved to later in February.  I emailed her back and let her know that I have already arranged to have those days off at work and my supervisor had to change the whole schedule to accommodate me (due to there only being two other people with the same position who can cover for me).  I am so upset and now starting to stress out.  I have to wait until next week when my boss returns from her vacation to discuss this issue.  I do not think that I will be able to change the schedule since it was already posted (and would be completely unfair to my co-workers since they agreed to cover for me).  Now, thanks to my externship date being moved I will not only have to take a week off using my PTO, I will also have to request another week off without any pay at all.  I have already explained this to my instructor and it's really out of her hands.   
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not cool! ...vent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards