Students
Options

Jealousy

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I've just noticed that lately since getting engaged, some of my friends who are the same age are acting a little standoffish and snooty. Mostly acquaintances and classmates, but I'm wondering if it could be that they're either judging me for getting married too young, or those with boyfriends jealous that they're not getting married.

I know we're young, and it's unusual in our families and where we come from, but I'm not trying to wave my ring around or show off and throw wedding plans in their faces. Sometime people will bring it up to me and then say "Wow, you're so young!" or "Are you sure you're doing everything right?" and it just feels a little weird. Maybe I'm just being insecure about it, but I'm just not getting the warm fuzzy feelings from some people that I thought would be really excited. I'm so lucky with my family and friends being suber supportive and excited, but sometimes people I don't know that well go out of their way to insult my choice and judge a little bit. Anyone else experiencing this?
Nimi and Little Bite Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards