Students

STRESSED!

So in the past 2 weeks (since school started) I've been getting a little overwhelmed and stressed out!  I'm trying to finish up my last semester, starting to study for the Bar Exam, looking for a job and on top of that all planning a wedding! 

Everytime I get overwhelmed with studying I just procrastinate and start looking on the forums and googling things for the wedding.

Does anyone have any productive ways to deal with this stress?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: STRESSED!

• Working out is a good way to relieve stress. I color when I'm stressed, I know its kind of childish but it takes my mind off of things for awhile. Sometimes you might just need to take a break from all of that and do something entirely unrelated to all of that for just a little bit.

• I'm in the same boat, but I'm studying to take the GRE and apply to graduate school.  But I would suggest that you do something fun to de-stress.  And then find the time to study when you're the most alert.

I hope that helps! And GL
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • I'm no help here, my destresser is coming on here and looking at things. Its not too productive when I should be doing other things, but it makes me happy for the time being
  • Ditto, blynng. The internet is where I always end up. Sometimes here, sometimes other sites.
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_stressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:960279db-ff2e-436a-ad87-b5869b87b301Post:aa064289-4c99-4de2-b0a1-bbb64b75bd4c">Re: STRESSED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I color when I'm stressed, I know its kind of childish but it takes my mind off of things for awhile. [/QUOTE]

Haha! I so do that too!!! That, or I play farmville... I'm like an addict. I think anything like that would help relax you a little (my dad calls it "mind numbing" activities).
    </p>
    Photobucket
  • working out!!!  but if i don't feel like DRIVING to the gym. I'll google a youtube workout video (a good cardio blasting working like kickboxing), and it helps me release some stress.
  • That's funny, i came on here to post almost the same thing. I'm getting my master's in nursing. We people ask,"is the wedding stressing you out yet?" I say, "no, it's the most relaxing thing right now. I guess, we have to buckel down, and concetrate on school first, then wedding when we have free time. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hahaha me too when school gets overwhelming I switch to wedding planning, but having the wedding as a distraction could be why I am having such a hard time focusing on school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards